(24) "Can't Lose You"

It seems like everything went into slow motion the moment Brad got shot. There's a standoff that took place before the police were able to shoot down the killers, they wouldn't have but they are being fired at. The only way that the shooters will let the police take them is if they are dead, they fought but they were unsuccessful. All in all, it was revealed that there are 7 of them that had spread all throughout the building.

 Within that one morning, all of the lives of the persons involved in the tragedy have changed forever. Bradley was brought out in a stretcher, much to the horror of their friends. Tristan quickly got into the ambulance and they drove away, leaving the bloody scene behind.

 Tristan doesn't mind the cuts and bruises in his body, all he could think of right now is Bradley who from what he looks like, is already fighting for his life. "Please .. Brad ... please hold on" he begged as he kept on crying. The nurse right beside him is trying to patch up his wounds, the pain form the alcohol doesn't do anything to him. Tristan's numb, he can't worry about himself if Brad is like this.

 A couple of minutes after, they reached the hospital. Brad and Tristan were immediately rushed inside. The blonde haired lad tried his best to keep up with the running nurses that will bring Brad to the emergency room.

 "I'm sorry but you have to stay here" the nurse told Tristan as he closed the door, preventing him from coming inside the Emergency Room. Tristan then just sat on one of the benches and covered his face with both of his palms. How can a normal morning turn out to be like this?, That the quiet and boring town of Wight could face a tragedy of this magnitude?.

 Over the next couple of minutes, Tristan watched helplessly as they bring in one victim after the other. He looked at the end of the hallway while still sobbing and finally saw his parents. "Tris!" his Mum yelled as she ran towards him.

 Tris ran towards his Mum and broke down in her arms. "It's alright, we're here now" his Mum uttered while trying her best to comfort him.

 "What happened?" His Dad asked as he took Tris in his arms.

 "The classes are about to start ..." Tristan started off even though he cannot speak properly. "Then we heard gunshots ...then Brad .." he added.

 "What happened to him?" Mrs. Evans asked.

 "he got shot. They are operating at him right now" Tristan replied, just then they heard a commotion coming from inside the room. Tris looked through the glass window and saw that Brad is flat lining.

 "Shit" he uttered while started banging the doors. The doctors proceeded to get the defibrillator and used it on him. One try, nothing. Second try, still nothing.

 "Please" Tristan begged as he kept on crying He felt the whole world stopped when the doctors moved away and looked at each other. "No .. No! Don't stop!" he is frantically banding the glass door and so his parents pulled him away. the last view he saw is them looking at their watch, setting the time of his death.

 "Brad!" Tristan yelled before he collapsed. Then just like that, he opened his eyes and sprung up from bed, he looked around and saw that he is in a hospital room. "Woah, are you alright?" his Mum asked as she rushed towards him.

 "Where's Brad? I need to go to Brad" Tris replied as he tried his best to get out of bed, only to be stopped by his mother.

 "Tristan, he's fine. The surgery's done and they said we just have to wait for to wake up"

 "Why am I confined?" the blonde haired lad then asked.

 "Concussion, and your several cuts and bruises. Please rest for a while, you'll see Brad later"