(25) "Thinking Out Loud" (FINALE)

"People fall in love in mysterious ways ..."

--

 "The events that took place in the local high school of Wright 72 hours ago would go down in history but not in a good way, it's past 7:00 am in the morning when at least 7 masked shooters entered the school's premises with one sole intention , Mass Murder. Within the next three hours, the school is enveloped in nothing but fear and chaos. The school shooting is now considered as the bloodiest crime that ever took place not only in the town of Wright but also in the country. Many are injured and at least a dozen were killed during this senseless act of violence. 6 out of the 7 suspects were killed during the shoot out , the remaining 1 was brought into custody to face all of the charges. He is identified as Ben  Ringer, one of the alumni of the school. More about this horrific incident once we come back" the lady news reporter said and the program went into commercial. Tris just sighed and looked out of the window, only to see that some of the reporters form last night are still in there waiting for him to give an interview about how Bradley saved him and on how exactly does it feel like to be in a situation where you don't even know if you're gonna live to see the next day. To quench their thirst, Tricia took it upon herself to give them 'updates' each hour which only she makes up based on her observations. She's obviously loving the attention, Tristan thinks she changed a lot.

 "Ugh when are they gonna leave?" the blonde haired lad asked his Mum. 

 "Probably after you give them what they want" she replied. Tristan just walked back to the couches and almost literally threw himself in it. "Give them what they want" those five words kept on echoing inside his brain. How can he give them 'what they want' when all he wants is to move on and forget the incident?.

 "I have to break up with her" he uttered just as his Dad entered the room.

 "Why would you break up with her? She's a nice girl" he commented as he sat beside his mother. "Dad, is that a nice girl? She's making it about herself, she's not even in the school when that happened" he replied and then stood up.

 "Where are you going?" Mum asked Tristan.

 "I have to finish this once and for all"

 Tristan then got out and pulled Tricia back inside, she's trying to open it once again but Tris got a firm grip on the door knob .. preventing her from getting outside.

 He faced the swarm of reporters and a few paps that surrounded their front door.

 "How did Brad save you?"

 "He saved me by taking the bullet. I was the one who's supposed to get shot"

 "Do you think it's a very heroic thing of him to do so?"

 "Of course"

 "So how does it feel like?"

 "You know what? Screw all of you .. seriously there's a bigger picture in all of this. Society turned kids into monsters .. this is why things like this happen. I beg everyone to please take a look upon the action they're doing. We're better than this ... I believe that" Tristan answered and then once again went back inside the house, leaving the reporters outside.

"What the hell was that?" Tricia asked.

 "What?"

 "You went in there for like 5 minutes" Tricia complained.

 "Well how many minutes do you want?" Tris asked, losing his patience. "You could have given them more" she replied.

 "Then why don't you go out there? Also, bring all your stuffs .. we're done"