chapter 4

The anticipation in the air was palpable as Taehyung strode into the prison's meeting room. This was the moment he had been waiting for—the moment where fate had brought him face-to-face with the boy who held the key to something he himself couldn't fully comprehend.

As he entered, his gaze was instantly drawn to the young man sitting there, his head bowed in contemplation.

In Taehyung's mind, this boy was the elusive answer to a question he had been silently asking himself for years. He couldn't pinpoint where or how the key to unlocking his heart was hidden, but something about this boy gave him hope.

Their meeting took place through a glass wall, punctuated by a few tiny holes for conversation. Taehyung settled into a chair on his side, his movements measured and purposeful. The sound of his shoes coming to a halt echoed with an air of finality.

Taehyung's unwavering gaze remained fixed on the boy, who, for a time, continued to keep his eyes trained on the floor. In this peculiar dance of fate, Taehyung knew that no one would remind him of any time constraints; in this room, those present were all well aware of the value of time.

Eventually, the boy raised his eyes, and Taehyung watched with a predatory intensity that seemed to want to consume the boy's very existence with a single glance.

The boy, still withholding his words, spoke through his eyes. Those eyes, large and doe-like, had changed since Taehyung first saw Jungkook. They were sadder now, lost, and filled with misery. Layers of unspoken emotions shimmered within them, glistening with tears yet to fall.

Taehyung brushed aside the notion that he was the cause of the boy's increased misery. He couldn't allow himself to dwell on the fact that these tears were his doing.

Yet, in that moment, Taehyung knew he stood on the precipice of change, ready to erase the problems and miseries that had plagued the boy's life, most of which had been created by Taehyung himself.

This boy was on the brink of becoming his, a part of his world, and a key to a future Taehyung had scarcely dared to dream of.

His feelings, once uncomplicated, had become suffocating. Taehyung clicked his tongue against his bottom lip, determined to start this journey that would forever intertwine their destinies. He gazed into those captivating eyes, which held a depth that ignited a spark of excitement in Taehyung's soul.