chapter 20

Jungkook stood in the spacious hall, his attire a gentle contrast to the empty space around him. The soft hues of his baby pink sweater and white trousers seemed to echo the quiet longing in his heart. His gaze swept the hall once more, searching for any sign of Taehyung or the other members, yet finding only silence and solitude.

Earlier that morning, Jungkook had ventured into the hall, hoping against hope to find traces of their return. The emptiness that greeted him only deepened his sense of longing and uncertainty.

As he made his way into the kitchen, the tantalising aroma of freshly baked cookies filled the air—a comforting reminder of normalcy in the midst of chaos.

"Good morning." Bogum's voice broke the silence, his figure poised before the stove, a beacon of warmth and reassurance.

Returning the greeting, Jungkook couldn't help but voice his concern. "Is everyone fine? Why haven't they returned yet?"

Bogum's response was steady and reassuring. "Don't worry, all are fine and in a safe place. They'll be back in a few hours," he assured, his words a balm to Jungkook's restless mind.

Though reassured, Jungkook couldn't shake the nagging worry that tugged at his heartstrings. Should he call Taehyung? The thought lingered, tempered by the understanding that Taehyung must be exhausted and burdened by the weight of recent events. He shouldn't disturb him.

Seating himself at the table, Jungkook's expression betrayed a trace of sadness.

"What's wrong?" Bogum's voice was laced with concern, his eyes reflecting the worry that mirrored Jungkook's own.

Forcing a smile, Jungkook shook his head. "Nothing," he replied, though the ache in his heart spoke volumes.

Bogum's gaze softened, a silent understanding passing between them as he served Jungkook a plate of fried eggs and toast. "I think you should call him if you haven't already. It might ease your mind," Bogum suggested, his words a gentle encouragement.

As Jungkook hastily reached for his phone and ran out of there, a single tear glistened in Bogum's eye, a silent acknowledgment of the unspoken truth.

Perhaps it was time for Bogum to let go of his own feelings for Taehyung and find solace in acceptance and the bonds of friendship. After all, he could see the love blossoming between the couple.

"Good morning," as Taehyung answered the call. Jungkook's heart skipped a beat at the sound of Taehyung's sleepy yet deeply comforting voice, resonating deeper than usual and sending shivers down his spine.

Shaking himself from his reverie, Jungkook swallowed hard, relieved to hear Taehyung's voice, a soothing balm to his anxious heart. "Did I disturb you?" he inquired, his voice tinged with concern.

"No, you didn't," Taehyung reassured. "How're you doing? I told Bogum to take care of you; he'll prepare breakfast for you," his words a gentle caress against Jungkook's worries.