chapter 19

Taehyung swiftly slid into his black shoes, hastily leaving Jungkook's door. The urgency of the moment propelled him forward, each step echoing his racing thoughts as he traversed the corridor.

His heart felt heavy, burdened not only by concern for Silver but also for Jungkook. Jungkook's worried visage lingered in his mind, etched with fear and anxiety, along with the memory of Jungkook's soft hand's tight grip on his wrist; he still could feel Jungkook's touch around his wrist. 

No, this wasn't the life he envisioned for Jungkook.

Descending the stairs, Taehyung's troubled thoughts were interrupted by Jimin's sudden appearance in the hall. Jimin stood at the foot of the staircase, his eyes pleading urgency as they met Taehyung's.

"Vehicles are ready; hurry," Jimin urged, his voice tinged with urgency and concern.

Taehyung met Jimin's gaze with a blank stare, his mind still consumed by worry. "Take out the vehicle from the entrance; I'll be right back," he responded hastily, already turning to retrace his steps.

Jimin's eyes widened in disbelief, his frustration boiling over. "You can't do that, Taehyung! Argh, come back!" He exclaimed, his frustration manifesting in a kick to the first stair, followed by a pained yelp.

A solitary tear traced a path down Jungkook's cheek, a silent testament to the turmoil raging within him. With a weary sigh, he resolved to change the damp cloth and retire for the night, his appetite long forgotten amidst the ache in his heart.

As he moved to the wardrobe, a soft knock shattered the silence, drawing his attention like a beacon in the darkness. 

Before he could even reach for the handle, the door swung open, revealing Taehyung's figure in the doorway—a whirlwind of urgency and desire.

Without a moment's hesitation, Taehyung swept Jungkook into his arms, his grip possessive as he slammed him against the door. "urm~" A small gasp escaped Jungkook's lips as Taehyung's mouth descended hungrily upon his own, a tidal wave of sensation crashing over him in a dizzying whirlwind. 

Taehyung's tongue forced its way eagerly, igniting a fire within Jungkook that he couldn't deny, and his own lips responded with equal fervour to the unexpected passion. Their tongues danced in a frenzied rhythm, each movement igniting a firestorm of desire that threatened to consume them both.

Taehyung's hand tightened around Jungkook's waist, anchoring him in place as his other hand cupped Jungkook's jaw, tilting his head to deepen the kiss with a hunger born of longing.

The taste of each other's lips was intoxicating—a heady blend of sweetness and salt from Jungkook's tears that left them both gasping for air. Their mouths moved in perfect synchrony, the wet heat of their kisses leaving a trail of fire in their wake.