chapter 27

As Jungkook pulled on his favourite pair of jeans, his mind raced with thoughts of the day ahead. With his hair still damp from the shower, he moved with a sense of urgency, the ticking clock reminding him of the impending university schedule.

Approaching the mirror, Jungkook hastily smoothed moisturiser over his skin, applied a dab of lip balm, and swiftly combed his hair back into place. He glanced at his reflection, satisfied with his appearance, and prepared to head out the door.

A sigh escaped his lips as he turned to survey the room. The mattress lay in disarray, a tangible reminder of the night before-two weeks ago-when he and Taehyung had shared a tender embrace. His mattress was tattered in the same way that morning as well.

Blushing at the memory, Jungkook set to work, methodically arranging the bedding with care, each fold and tuck stirring feelings of warmth and longing within him.

The image of waking up to find Taehyung beside him, his gaze filled with adoration, brought a rush of affection to Jungkook's heart. The intimacy they had shared-the gentle touches and whispered words of love-lingered in his thoughts, filling him with a sense of contentment.

With the mattress finally arranged to his satisfaction, Jungkook checked his pocket, feeling the weight of something precious nestled within.

After months of hesitation, he finally decided to act on his longing and express the depth of his care and his feelings for Taehyung in a tangible way.

Closing his door behind him, Jungkook's steps quickened as he made his way to Taehyung's room. Each stride was filled with eagerness and nervous energy, his heart pounding at the prospect of how Taehyung would react.

A gentle knock echoed through the room, and Taehyung's voice, warm and inviting, called out, "Come in."

His fingers were woven into his damp hair, strands glistening with droplets of water, while his other hand held onto a metal hanger. A single towel draped around his hips, accentuating the curve of his waist and the sculpted lines of his body.

With a casual toss, Taehyung flung the suit hanging from the metal hanger onto the bed, his attention shifting to the doorway. Despite the looming pressures of the day and the demands of work, a smile graced his lips as he laid eyes on his beloved boyfriend. Jungkook's mere presence had a way of easing the weight of his worries, bringing comfort and joy in its wake.

"Good morning," Taehyung greeted softly, his brow furrowing slightly as he took in Jungkook's appearance. Hadn't Jungkook dried his hair yet? His curiosity piqued; he couldn't help but study Jungkook attentively, drawn to every nuance of his beloved's demeanour.

Jungkook's cheeks flushed with a rosy hue as he approached Taehyung, his gaze filled with tender admiration. The droplets of water cascading down Taehyung's shoulders, trailing along his chest and abs, painted a mesmerising picture against his honey-toned skin.