chapter 24

"May I help you?" Jungkook offered, his voice soft as he approached Chae, who was diligently preparing dinner per Taehyung's instructions to ensure Jungkook's friends felt welcomed and cared for

"No, I'll manage. You should get ready; your friends must be coming soon," Chae replied, her hands swiftly moving as she expertly chopped the vibrant red and green capsicum.

Jungkook glanced down at his attire, a simple ensemble of loose blue jeans and a black tee. He blinked, uncertainty flickering in his eyes, as he turned to Chae. "Don't I look presentable?" he inquired, seeking reassurance.

Chae paused, her gaze assessing him thoughtfully, the half-cut capsicum momentarily forgotten in her grasp. She recognised that this was the outfit Jungkook had chosen for the occasion. "You look good, Kook," she affirmed, her smile warm and encouraging.

Accepting her words with a nod, Jungkook exited the kitchen, his mind still mulling over his choice of clothing.

In the living room, Taehyung sat on the sofa, clad in black pyjamas and a matching sleeveless tee. A sense of admiration washed over Jungkook as he observed Taehyung's effortless charm in his casual attire, his fingers moving fluidly across the keys of his laptop with a focused intensity.

An idea sparked in Jungkook's mind, igniting a mischievous gleam in his eyes. Silently, he slipped behind the wall, retrieving his phone with a playful grin.

His thumb hovered over the capture button as he framed the perfect shot of Taehyung, his features bathed in the soft glow of the screen, his hand gracefully intertwined with his tousled hair. 

With a gentle click, Jungkook immortalised the moment, a testament to the beauty and allure of his beloved Taehyung.

Jungkook's heart raced as he stood frozen, caught in the act of attempting to capture yet another candid moment of Taehyung. His thumb trembled slightly over the capture button, poised to immortalise Taehyung's grace as he bent to retrieve a fallen paper.

But fate had other plans, and the camera lens captured only an empty sofa and a laptop. A disappointed sigh escaped Jungkook's lips, his hopes of capturing Taehyung's essence dashed in an instant. 

Yet, before Jungkook could recover from the missed opportunity, the camera app unexpectedly restarted, startling him. The intensity of Taehyung's stare pierced through him through the screen, leaving Jungkook feeling exposed and vulnerable. In a moment of panic, Jungkook fumbled with the phone, his eyes widening.

With a mixture of embarrassment and apprehension, Jungkook glanced down at the dropped phone, then back up at Taehyung.

Taehyung's warm smile offered reassurance, his outstretched hand beckoning Jungkook to join him.

Swallowing his pride, Jungkook retrieved the phone from the floor and approached Taehyung, his cheeks ablaze with embarrassment.

Taehyung's gentle touch enveloped Jungkook's hand, guiding him closer until they were side by side on the sofa.