chapter 9

A/N 💫
This book is no longer on hold. I'll try to update it daily.
_

____________

In the dimly lit hall, an ephemeral tableau captured on a black tablet showcased Jungkook in a rare moment of unabashed joy. Cheeks pulled up, revealing the tantalising sight of half-teeth flanked by the two distinctive bunny teeth. Jungkook exuded an infectious smile.

The composition was completed by the presence of two boys, their camaraderie frozen in time. However, one boy's face remained an enigma, shrouded in a delightful mystery that Taehyung continued to unravel as he scrutinised the digital photograph.

The air hung heavy with white smoke, an ethereal dance in the dark hall, as Taehyung indulged in one more puff of his cancer stick. His face, bathed in the soft glow of the tablet, remained an enigmatic canvas, void of any specific expression, betraying no hint of the emotions stirring within him.

With a swipe of the screen, the visual narrative shifted to another frame. Jungkook, seated on the verdant ground, radiated profound happiness. His bunny teeth took centre stage in this picturesque moment. It wasn't that Taehyung was unaware of Jungkook's distinctive teeth, but their absence since the young man's arrival at the mansion had relegated them to the recesses of his memory. The joy captured in the photograph was a revelation, a stark contrast to the reserved demeanour Jungkook had adopted in the mansion's confines around Taehyung.

Never had that radiant smile graced Taehyung, a realisation that gnawed at the edges of his consciousness as he compared it to the warmth Jungkook shared with his two male friends. As Taehyung lingered over the images, he found himself inhaling three cigarettes over the course of the past hour. Each drawn breath seemed an attempt to consume the essence of the most beautiful smile he had ever witnessed—the lips he yearned to see adorned with a smile meant just for him, a smile that would be a testament to the emotions shared between them.

A flick of his wrist sent the remaining burnt cigarette crashing beneath his shoes, a tangible manifestation of the heaviness in Taehyung's heart. Sadness lingered in the air, a palpable ache stemming from the absence of Jungkook's radiant smile directed at him in the past three weeks. 

The once-vibrant hall seemed to echo with the silent weight of unspoken emotions, leaving Taehyung alone in the lingering aftermath of a melancholy revelation.

As the evening sun painted the horizon in hues of amber and gold, Taehyung's commanding presence loomed in the expansive hall. His gravelly voice cut through the air, an announcement that shattered the tranquilly of the mansion. "Get ready; we're heading to Japan," he declared, the weight of authority palpable in every syllable.

Jimin, immersed in the glow of his grey laptop, looked up with a mixture of surprise and disbelief. The sudden directive caught him off guard, and he voiced his discontent, "Why suddenly? We don't have any work in Japan," his discontent was evident in the furrow of his brows.