第1章 - Girl meets Boy, Boy meets Girl

Honkai. Mysterious creatures of destruction. Nobody knows why or how they exist. But they are here...to destroy humanity. It's just like those games were creatures of unknown origin want to destroy humanity and the humans fight back.

The warriors, the Valkyries. The female warriors who have the power to fight against the honkai to save and protect humanity. Throughout history, the struggle of mankind and nature has never ceased.

That, is the history of this world. A world where the age of gods has ended. A world where science has grown to new heights. A world so similar, yet different from mine. The world is on near brink of destruction. The people have put their fate into the hands of the valkyries.

But...

It's not like I have to fight anymore...

I'm freed from all of this violent stuff.

Besides.............

It's not like I have a reason to fight. Not anymore. I am nothing but an anomaly that was never meant to be here in the first place.

Childhood years are supposed to nurture the young generation and shape them into who they are today. Certain incidents tend to have effects on their mentality and psyche.

Some events become unforgettable memories that one cherishes but certain events...

Leave deep scars that may never heal or take a long time to.

---------

The flames rose high as the inferno blazed across the land. In their grasp, nothing could stay untouched. Burnt to ashes and cinder, dreams are withered away in this inferno as a young boy sits amidst it.

"Yuto.....Hikari.....Yuna.....Kacchan.....Tatsuya....."

The boy's lips quivered as his lifeless eyes moistened. Perhaps like a dry river finally getting filled, tears flowed from the young man's eyes. His right arm was missing.

Miamed.

Blood stained the ground as the odour of burning flesh and blood could be smelt. The flames were indiscriminating to choose their victims.

"Why did this happen....?"

In the middle of this blazing inferno, the young boy seeked strength

In the middle of this blazing inferno, the young boy seeked strength. Holding the bleeding stump that used to be his arm, the boy spoke up but this time, with disdain in his voice, like the venom in a serpent's fangs, he spat.

"So much....for becoming the strongest ********..."