第15章 - Settling Down

That night....

A night that was far bygone in the past. A distant memory that should be forgotten but yet, cannot be. In the darkness, lurks something sinister.

Darkness had fallen on that night. The old eastern style building was unusually silent that day. The board with the name "Tsukumo Dormitory" hung on the walls of the gate outside the dormitory.

One room, in particular, was brimming with excitement and anticipation, filled with slight teenagers. Some of them were preparing things. On a white cloth screen behind the altar was a Yin-Yang symbol, or Inyo, as known in Japanese.

On the ceiling of the room were four circles encased in a square design. Inside each circle was an artistic representation of a bird, a tortoise, a tiger and a dragon. There were confetti charms placed on the altar with two circular mirrors beside each end. Offerings such as sake or other delicacies were present on the big table.

A candle was placed on a stand in front of the smaller table that had many offering bowls in them. These utensils, though, contained locks of hair of different people with ribbons tied on them.

"How long do we have to wait, Yuuto?"

A young, innocent voice is heard. In a small room with an altar placed against the wall. However, this wasn't a Shinto altar or a buddhist one. The boy in question, the one with blue hair that falls over his hazel eyes. He also wore an eyepatch, a hint of tragedy. He wore a white traditional shozoku attire.

The boy seemed to be 8 years of age as he smiled at his fellow cadet

"Sorry for the wait. Everything is in place now. We'll be getting started soon."

A wave of excitement rushed through the group of the soon-to-be teenagers as they all brightened up

A wave of excitement rushed through the group of the soon-to-be teenagers as they all brightened up. However, one girl among them was sitting away from the group with a sense of hesitation in her eyes. After placing black coloured human shaped paper dolls on the smaller tables...

It began.

The lights were turned off as they started the event of the evening. The children sat together silently as the boy named Kaito started to chant something while sitting in front of the small table on his knees.