第18章 - History's Beacon

It had been one week after the incident with Rose McLaren and Shirou's spar which ended with Shirou's win. After finding similar ground with her and ending the conflict between herself and Rose,  Mei was now cooking for the rest of the group in the kitchen. It was night time right now.

She was humming a tune to herself while doing so as she happily made meals for their small family at the dorms.

In her HOMU themed room, Bronya sat on her computer as she was playing games with her online friends. It was a usual thing for them to do. But this time, Bronya had to leave her precious ranked match behind. She open the group chat and sent a message to let them know that she won't be able to play games today as much as usual.

IronbunnyBronya3: Sorry guys, I'm logging off now.

Noobmaster69: Ehh~?! Don't we usually play until midnight?

IronbunnyBronya3: I have promised my confused girlfriend to guide her in studies. My brother is currently helping her and I don't want to put all the burden on him.

Noobmaster69: Noo! How are we supposed to get the 'HOMU REX' coupons without you?

Fraudkuna20: Just let him go, a man's got to fulfill his promise!

IronbunnyBronya3: I'm really sorry guys!

With that, Bronya logged out of the game and put down her earphones before getting off her seat and making her way towards the room where the white head girl was studying with Shirou's guidance.

The amount of books towering over them was simply too much. The syllabus that Kiana had to cover was simply out of the capacity for how much her brain could take in and remember in just one night. It was like trying to drink an entire ocean with just one glass.

"I... can't remember any of this..."

The white hair girl lamented on her situation. This was simply too much for her, and on top of that, the exam was tomorrow. She had to complete the entire syllabus in one night which was simply impossible for her. It was like reaching out to certain point that is across to the other side of the world within 1 minute. Had she not spent so much of her time playing games and being clingy towards a certain ravenette, trying to step up her game too much, then certainly this scenario wouldn't have happened.

"How did I get involved in this? Why do I have to be tested on a boring subject like history!!?"

That's what Shirou asked as he was sitting beside, Kiana, holding a history book in his hands. The crimson eyed boy was emotionally blackmailed into helping Kiana in study.

"If you help Kiana pass the exam, I'll make lots of Ohagi only for you, Shirou-kun!"

'It's all for the stomach's sake.'

Shirou thought as he steeled his resolve. He just liked the rice sweet that was dipped in red bean paste very much and Mei knew that Shirou could be bribed into helping Kiana if she made him some. And if it was made by her, then there was no way he could refuse. It was his favourite dish, no, his comfort food.

"Please help me pass the exam!!"

The white haired girl joined her hands in front of the brown haired boy with a praying look. If she failed the exam, there would be no way her goal of becoming the strongest valkyrie could be achieved. Shirou closed his eyes and could only sigh as he said.