第4章 - The Prologue to Disaster

Shirou's POV

"You've got a bright future ahead of you, Shirou! I'm looking forward to it!"

"Ah! Just you wait! I'll purify all this is impure! One day!"

......

"No matter what form we take we'll forever be friends, right?! Shi?!"

"There was...some meaning....to our existence...right? In the end...I couldn't beat you at anything...Shi..."

"I don't wanna die! I wanna live, Shi!! I wanna grow up with you!!"

"Rather than living as an unsightly ********...I would rather be cleansed by you, Shi..."

.....

Stop....

Why was I the only one...? Why was it me who didn't turn into a fallen one and made the 'power' my own...? In the end...I turned out to be the experimental result that 'he' wanted...

.....

"Kegare no Okami, Orimasu Shimasu!!"

"What I am aiming for is something that you can never comprehend, Shi. You had the path right in front of you, the open door to becoming something more..."

"What I am aiming for is something that can possess both the power of light and darkness. A lofty, supreme existence...in other words, a "true ********".

I wonder....

Since when....

Did you become this messed up...

...Yuu...?

...........

It was a quiet morning. The view of the sky from my bed was smeared an ashen, watercolour grey while the thermometer read degree 19 Celsius, a merciless temperature for October. I woke up to the shameful sound of my own belly.

But for now, lazing around like this felt like bliss. The world outside was a melancholic steel-blue, more like evening than morning. Definitely not a pleasant morning.

Rumble.

The sound of the rumbling clouds reached my ears as I put my blanket over my head, retreating into my cocoon of comfort like a hibernating grizzly bear. This is pretty much the story of every boy.

I have been lying in bed for the past seven days thanks to the sudden situation that happened to me. I reach my hand to the nearby table and grab my phone as I check my messages.

46 messages and 30 missed calls.

All from one person ——

—— Raiden Mei.

Checking the messages first, I found out that Mei has been worrying about my condition. Some of them were messages asking about how was I, was I been taken good care of, or just get well soon messages, and some were the pictures of the study notes of the classes that I missed. I did ask her to send them to me, and there were lots of them.

What happened to me, you ask? Well...

......

Cat cave is a cafe that is located in Nagazora city, Honshu, Japan. It is quite famous for it's beverages and other delicacies. Cat Cave is run by Reika Sakurazaka, the owner of this establishment and it's branches.

Originally a housewife, Reika is a widow whose husband was in the army and passed away in the line of duty. Using the money that the couple had saved for their future child, which wasn't born due to a miscarriage, Reika used that money and opened a restaurant which came to be known as Cat Cave.