第24章 - Sakura Rondo

Walking through the gates of the main school building of Chiba Academy in the vast expanse of Nagazora city was the girl who had turned into a Herrscher. The events of last night had caused her a little exhaustion but what she got in return was probably worth it.

Time never stopped for anyone. As the new dawn broke and the shining rays of the sun fell upon the academy, the girl saw a shadow in front of her feet that stretched out a distance of 10 metres away from her.

 As the new dawn broke and the shining rays of the sun fell upon the academy, the girl saw a shadow in front of her feet that stretched out a distance of 10 metres away from her

Lifting her gaze up, the girl could see the towering form of Oath of Judah right in front of her, standing tall. The weapon stood still without moving an inch, not like it could. But something about the weapon had her thinking.

Why was it there? How did it get there in the first place?

As far as she remembered, Theresa, the valkyrie who dared to defy her had jumped out of the window and succumbed to her poison by now. So then how was the cross standing there right in front of her?

She could care less about that.

The presence of the holy relic itself was giving her the shivers. The Herrscher didn't know why but she felt a strong feeling in her gut that the weapon should be destroyed immediately. And she wouldn't let go of such a chance.

"What an eyesore."

A smirk danced on her lips as she raised her hand. With a single motion command, her vines came back to life and flew at the golden cross with insane speed. However, the moment the vines hit the weapon, instead of the weapon breaking, the attack bounced off due to the weapon's durability.

"?!"

A look of shock and annoyance was seen flashing across the herrscher's face as she saw her attack failing to do any damage to the cross. Just how strong was this thing? Thoughts like these echoed in her mind, seeking answers.

Step. Step.

The sound of footsteps.

Those sounds made their way to her ears, followed by a shrill and feminine voice.

"You're only wasting your time and strength."

Turning her gaze to her right flank, the Herrscher saw a very familiar white haired petite woman in a nun's clothing walk up to her before stopping herself at a certain spot, keeping their distance maintained. The Herrscher didn't show any visible signs of surprise when she saw that Theresa had survived her poisoning and was alive. Theresa spoke up, her voice echoing through the campus premises.

"Oath of Judah is made up of Soulium (Soul metal), a special ore and was designed especially in order to fight and resist Herrschers."

Theresa confidently stated. "A half-born Herrscher like you, who hasn't even broken her shell can't even put a scratch on it even if you used your full power."