第17章 - Animosity

3rd POV.

Two days had gone by, just like that. The results of the valkyrie exams were to be announced today. The atmosphere at the academy was even more charged with tension and nervousness than the valkyrie exams which is understandable because the stress of the results being declared is much higher than the days of exams. The exam results were to be announced on the digital noticeboard in the main hallways of the academy's main building.

Currently, it was 8: 57 as shown by Shirou's wristwatch on his right hand as he sat on his desk, tapping it with his fingers as he waited patiently. While he was waiting for the results to be declared, he wasn't all that nervous about it.

'As long as I pass, anything's fine.', Were his thoughts regarding the exams.

Kiana, Mei, and Bronya were near him as they were discussing about the results while Shirou just looked out of the window, staring at the window.

"I'm so nervous~ What if I fail the exams?!"

"Hey, don't go on overthinking like that! You're making me nervouse as well!"

Were some murmurs and gossips that were currently going between the female population of the classroom. Not like there was any male population there to begin with. In the name of male population, the academy only had our dear protagonist.

"Kiana-san, you sure don't worry about the exams huh?"

"I've never seen someone so calm when the results are going to be declared except for Miss Fu Hua."

Two classmates said as Kiana only grinned with a smug face, her confidence as clear as mineral water. She huffed and said,

"Of course. There is no way I'm going to fail. I'm an uber genius."

"Da Bronya's analysis states that Idiotka Kiana is the antonym of the word "Genius"."

Bronya chimed in the conversation with her stoic demeanour and monotone voice while holding her HOMU doll.

"See? Even this brat Bronya agrees."

Kiana mistook Bronya's words, not understanding the meaning of "antonym" in the sentence. The classmates sweatdropped at Kiana's words despite Bronya's obvious meaning behind the words. Shirou cut into the conversation as he flatly said.

"Antonym are words that describe opposite meanings. Bronya just called you dumb and you just proved that. And that's a fact now."

"Da. Shirou Nii is right."

An imaginary arrow pierced through Kiana's heart at that. Suddenly, the topic of conversation changed a little as one of the classmates in the group gossip asked.

"Mei-san, I've noticed that you and Ikari-san are closer to each other than the others. And you guys are on first name basis as well. Why is that?"

"That's because Shirou-kun and I used to study together at the same school before coming here. He is my close friend."

Shirou smiled but before the conversation could've continued, the bell rang as the time of the declaration of results had finally come. The class became lively and bustling as the students started to exit and go out into the corridors to the main hallway of the academy.

—