A Bellflower Could Mean Many Things

Disclaimer: This one-shot chapter is set after the event of Xuanyuan Arc. This is not Chapter 29. Thank you! Sorry for the late upload! My term exams are back again my lazy ass can't properly write a chapter😭

Enjoy!

———

“The temple bell stops,

But I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers.

A score that never dies, a melody that forever goes on.

On this day, with the stars and sky as witnesses, won't you let me hear that melody again?”

.  .  .  .  .  .  .

The atmosphere buzzed up with excitement and anticipation today. Major Murata Himeko's residence was quite lively, for preparations were in progress for a special occasion. The residents were all busy with their own tasks related to the occasion that fell on this day.

Chirping sounds filled the living room as music blasted through the speakers. The sound of footsteps mixed with music was clear to the ear, however, these weren't human footsteps that were heard. Rather, they were really light and many in number, from what one could assume to be the sound of multiple small footsteps in large numbers.

Entering the room, Theresa was met with the sight of a swarm of white with several red protrusions here and there.

“What are these?”

Looking closely, Theresa saw that in front of her were several bird-like creatures that seemed to be… dancing on the floor?

Their bodies were round and chubby, with small, stubby wings and feet with three talons. Small red crowns adorned their heads and yellow beaks from where they produced chirping sounds.

At first glance, Theresa thought they were chickens

At first glance, Theresa thought they were chickens. And who could blame her? They actually looked like chickens from a poultry farm!

“Ah, Principal, it seems you are relieved from your duties for today.”

Theresa turned her gaze, hearing those words to see a familiar spectacled girl standing in front of the group of fledglings.

“Fu Hua, what is all this?”

“Ah, these are birds found on Mt. TaiXuan back at my home. I was planning on teaching them the birthday dance for Mei-san’s birthday party.”

Fu Hua then returns her gaze to the flock of chubby birds who moved rather ungracefully on the dance floor, tumbling and colliding against each other or falling down thanks to tripping against the leg of another of their kin.

In simple words, the dance was a failure.