第21章 - Knight Moonbeam

Shirou and Kiana were shocked. The moment they saw the blade pierce through Kallen's abdomen was the moment they froze. Kiana, who had been helping with the evacuation, forgot everything as soon as she saw the crimson liquid splatter on the stone pavement, the bearer of said liquid being none other than her ancestor.

The tendril that had pierced Kallen started to lift her up from the ground and towards the beast's mouth. At this, Kiana forgot about everything else and rushed straight in.

"Let Miss Kallen go!", Kiana exclaimed.

She leapt towards the Honkai beast in a reckless charge. The beast noticed her as it turned Kallen away and flung her to the side with a movement of it's tendril before it swung its left arm and backhanded Kiana, swatting her away like a fly.

 The beast noticed her as it turned Kallen away and flung her to the side with a movement of it's tendril before it swung its left arm and backhanded Kiana, swatting her away like a fly

BAM!

"Kiana!"

Shirou dashed and let Kiana crash into him to soften her fall. But the impact was too much as both of them were flung back and Shirou hit a wall behind him as he caught Kiana.

"Gah!"

They fell down as Kiana looked at Shirou in a daze. He saved her from the impact by sacrificing himself. Her eyes were wide and she grit her teeth and cursed herself.

"Why...? Dammit! If only I had a weapon..."

But they had no time as the honkai beast towered over them, it's claws raised up in the air. Shirou tried to move but the pain in his body made it difficult for him to do so. The fact that he didn't have his tailsmans or the Seisougen-pu made it difficult for him to fight.

'If I only had my Master Star Armor Tailsman...'

Back with Bronya, she was still perched up on the pole as she tried to hack into the region's system using her hacking terminal but everytime she tried, access was denied to her. Her temporary monkey tail wiggled in annoyance as she typed on the holographic screen only to fail in breaking through the firewalls everytime.

 Her temporary monkey tail wiggled in annoyance as she typed on the holographic screen only to fail in breaking through the firewalls everytime

She was so focused that she didn't notice that a honkai beast had spotted her being perched on the pole.

Bronya felt a sudden jolt when the mad beast started to shake the pole violently as Bronya wobbled, struggling to maintain her grip on the pole as she was being thrown around.