第9章: Nagazora Bunny Clash

3rd POV

The next day, on the outskirts of the Academy City of Nagazora, we see three figures walking against the backdrop of the magnificent buildings of the Academy City. Shirou, Kiana, and Mei walked on the LR (Light Rail) tracks as their cluttered footsteps beat on the metal track to make a crisp like sound.

Kiana walked ahead of them, leading them with a listless look on her face. The cause of it was clear. It turned out that last night she couldn't sleep due to staying alarmed of any potential zombie attacks and ended up listening the conversation between Shirou and Mei last night.

The awkward silence between the three was heard loudly as they strolled on the tracks with no vehicles running about. Kiana glanced behind at Shirou and Mei who were walking with the same pace as they were looking at opposite directions with downcast eyes.

'What the hell is with this weird romcom tension like situation?'

Was the first thought in Kiana's mind as she looked at them with an irritated expression. At first, she thought that Shirou was acting like a third wheel in her quest of winning her beloved Mei-Senpai's heart but now the tables seemed to have turned and it felt like Kiana herself was the one who was third wheeling!

"Hey, you fanged puberty top-runner, why are you following us? Do you like to stalk two beautiful school girls like us?"

"As far as I can see, there is only one school girl here whom I find beautiful and she is walking right beside me."

This caused Kiana to turn red in her face out of anger and embarrassment while Mei blushed slightly at Shirou's comment since she was the one walking beside him.

"S-Shirou-kun, that's not a nice thing to say to Kiana-chan."

"I just said my mind. Besides, Mei-chan was the one who called me yesterday and I couldn't just leave my friend alone like that. I'm not stalking you guys or anything. And it's not stalking if I'm walking along with you guys."

Mei smiled at him while Kiana grew irritated due to not finding anything in the conversation to use against him. Kiana didn't like Shirou's presence at all. To Kiana, Shirou seemed like the evil dragon from a cartoon story who was taking her princess Mei away to a dark liar for himself. Shirou added.

"Besides, I have my priorities. My task as of right now is to protect this beautiful lady. I don't want to give up on such a beautiful job."

Shirou said while motioning towards Mei as he said that, causing the dark purple haired beauty to erupt a rosy hue on her cheeks as she looked away with a sigh leaving her pink lips.

"Now there's two of them..."

Kiana's face gained a more irritated expression when she heard Shirou say such words (Kiana thought of them as nasty) without changing his face.

"Hmph! I alone am enough to protect Mei-Senpai! Good for you that you are useful in fighting, that's the only reason we're keeping you around. Otherwise, you would only be useful to act as a human shield."

Hearing Kiana's harsh words, Shirou would be lying if he said that they didn't sting, but it seemed like it stung someone else a little more.

"Kiana-chan! That's so mean! Shirou-kun isn't useless! Remember, he is the one who saved you and me!", Mei didn't like Kiana's behavior towards Shirou and she stood up in Shirou's defense as she put her hands on her chest and raised her voice.

"He was never asked to fight, Mei-Senpai! Besides, even if he hadn't intervened, I would've saved you easy peasy lemon squeezy!", Kiana replied to Mei's statement as she crossed her arms and huffed.