第16章 - The Place Where Stars Gather

3rd POV

In order to become A-rank valkyries and get stronger, Shirou and Co. were enrolled into St. Freya High and started going to the Valkyrie Academy while staying at Major Himeko Murata's house. A month has passed since the end of the 3rd Honkai war. During this one month, Nagazora has been undergoing repairs to all of the public property and other collateral damages that had been dealt during the Honkai eruption by the 3rd Herrscher.

As such, they now started their new life in Soukai City where the academy city of St. Freya High is located. A highly advanced institute that is made to train valkyries while also giving them a chance to experience a normal highschool life to an extent. During this time, Shirou came clear about his origins to everyone that lived with him and their reactions were...

""WHAT?!?!""

Yup, their reactions were pretty amusing, to be honest. But still, despite taking some time to process this truth, they got used to it as Shirou was just like any other human being to them. In fact, it only strengthened the bond between the group after Shirou told them the truth about him coming from a different world. One that was destroyed.

Himeko had given special instructions to Shirou and Mei. To Mei, she had told the ravenette to keep her identity as the host of the 3rd Herrscher as a secret(along with the contingency) among the students which was something that wasn't needed to be told. To Shirou, Himeko had told him that the use of his Kegare arm and the Seisougen-pu was prohibited within the campus as to not cause discord among the student body due to it's appearance.

With these instructions in mind, the four of them have eventually gotten used to the rigours of daily study and training at their new life in St. Freya Academy.

-

In a silent training area of the academy, Shirou stood in the middle. His eyes were closed and his breathing was calm and stable. It was currently five in the morning and there were not many people around. In fact, there was no one around, which made it perfect for the brown haired boy to practice.

He was dressed in training attire. A grey, short sleeved zipper jacket with a high collar, black capris with socks of the matching colours and red sports shoes. His right arm manifested in it's true form as the red demonic appendage pulsated with honkai energy. The yellow markings flickered between their original ember glow and the sinister purple hues.

Shirou took in slow breaths as he tried to control the fluctuations of power that rippled in his arm. Opening his crimson eyes, Shirou could see several stands around him with a circular frame that had three smaller platforms with candles placed on each one. One on the left, one on right and one on the top. In the middle of the circular stand was a smaller disc that hanged inside the frame.

The practical performance of this peculiar training was clear to him. He needed to target the discs while controlling the output of the energy behind each punch. Since energy has mass, if his output wasn't controlled, the candles would be blown away the moment he hits the discs inside due to the energy spreading by leaking out of his arm and if the output of his attack was controlled then no such thing would happen. The purpose of this training was simple.

To utilise that leaking out energy into reducing the area of effect while increasing the damage and accuracy of his hits.

Clenching his right arm, Shirou lifted his heels and sprinted towards the first target, his steps echoing through the silent area. With a swift movement, he swung his right arm and punched the disc in the first stand, causing it to break and a breaking sound to echo throughout the area.

SHATTER!

A gust of wind was released from the impact as the candles on the stand were blown away. The broken pieces of the disc fell on the floor as Shirou retracted his Kegare arm and frowned at this outcome.