第12章 - Lightning Reawakened

The sudden tremor disoriented everyone. Bronya woke up from her sleep as she found herself flying out of the house they were resting in along with Mei, Kiana, and Shirou as well. They were all thrown out because of the shockwave released when the colossal sword of the monstrosity known as a honkai beast cleaved through the building clean like butter.

RUMBLE!!!

The earth trembled under the weight of the blade and the force behind the skin, causing the ground to be marred with spiderweb like cracks.

"Gah—!"

Shirou let out a short gasp as he felt metal hit his back. A steely embrace, one that was unexpected but not unwelcomed. Project Bunny had saved him and the two girls along with its pilot as the robot descended to the ground with Shirou, Kiana, and Mei in it's embrace as Bronya sat on its shoulders.

Their feet touched the ground as a sense of relief washed over them briefly. Bronya had saved them this time. Had they fell from that height, the injuries would've been enough to hospitalise them.

"Thanks for the save, Bronya."

"Da, there is no need to thank da Bronya, Shirou Nii. Da Bronya was only following protocols to protect Shirou Nii and Mei Nee sama."

A smile crept it's way up to Shirou's smile. Wanting to pat the little girl on the head, he reached out his hand. But a shrill voice cut the sweet moment short.

"That thing's huge!"

Kiana's voice snapped the crimson eyed brunet out of his stupor as he turned his gaze towards the building they were forcefully thrown out of because of the sudden impact.

The eye(?) of the beast glowed a bright pink as it locked on to the silhouettes of the four teens in front of it. Sensing the vitality in them, the beast made the humans that it saw it's target as it floated forward, breaking through the rest of the building as it's form was revealed to have a lower body that had legs in a position similar to a stand.

No one could say anything, being left speechless due to the sudden turn of events and how fast everything was happening. Their minds were still processing what happened a few moments ago. They were in a safe haven when this honkai beast suddenly appeared, disrupting the peace and started attacking them.

The group was able to make a safe landing thanks to Bronya's Project Bunny manifesting in a zap of white light. The beast raised it's spear like a skilled lancer and thrusted it at them with the intent to kill only.

 The beast raised it's spear like a skilled lancer and thrusted it at them with the intent to kill only

"Project Bunny: Activate."

With a swing of her hand, Bronya commanded Project Bunny as it thrusted it's own lance as well as the tips of both lances clashed with one another, causing sparks to fly in the air. The clash was intense with neither of the two parties being able to push the other back.

"?"

Bronya noticed something from the corner of her vision as she saw that catching her off guard, the beast raised it's other blade like limb in the air and swung it with a violent swing. The kinetic energy behind the swing was definitely destructive and was something no one would want to be on the recieving end of.