C H A P T E R - 1 6

The night sky was aglow with bright city lights. The pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the night sky,above the blanket of stars that stretched to infinity. The occasional barking of faraway dogs broke the silence of the night.It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents, except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the streets ... rattling along the house-tops.

Porsche was dozing off calmly under the green bedspread,the cap of the over-size hood was over his head,while the long sleeves wrapped in his hands like paws - curled up into a ball,he almost snores in the sleep.His nightmares haven't gone long,his cold toes were a proof of the fact - that he still stays under the threat of his stalker,the peaceful beauty sleep wasn't there anymore.

However,few gentle pats from Kinn at his head and back made him comfortable that now he lies there carefully and sleeping soundly,not even shifting his side - the sound of his calm breath was soothing and not intense,his body rises every three seconds and falls back.He twists his back uncomfortably,while his forehead frowns slightly at the distant sound of probably something falling down,however he chose to ignore it and focus on his sleep.

.

.

.

The clock shows around 1 A.M. in the morning,and the urge of drinking water dries Porsche's throat and his soul - and he opens his  eyes so casually,as if he was never sleepy;his face was calm as ever,those amber orbs doesn't even look lazy,his eyes were clear of any sleep.He stares at the digital clock kept near the bed side table,and shuts his lids dramatically,while exhaling out a loud breath.Porsche gets up from under the comforter wrapped over him,as he pours the water from the bottle to directly his mouth.He puts the bottle down with a noise,as he sits there for a few seconds with his hands in his lap playing with the hem of the sleeve of the hood.

"Haa!"he exhales dramatically,and looks over his shoulder at the other side of the bed,the comforter was scattered over the bed,and the dump of the mattress has recovered since ages - the bed was fucking empty!Kinn wasn't there.As soon as the realisation hits him,his forehead immediately frowns and his mouth hangs open.'Shit!'he mutters lowly,and gets off the bed and watched the empty bed as if he is going to retrieve Kinn out of it.

He slaps his hand against his forehead,and bites his lip while muttering inaudible curses;

"Where did Kinn go?How could I not realise?"He says and bites his nail so harshly as if he is going to peel it out of the skin.He begins to pace to and fro in the same place for a few seconds and stops dramatically before glaring to his surroundings;

"Maybe,he is in the washroom?"he says and quickly shifts to the bathroom door,that probably seemed locked - he knocks on the door once hen twice,calls out Kinn's name a few times before attempting in twisting the door's knob,which opens really effortlessly.He pushes his face in the space first till his neck,and looks around as if a thief entering a house to do a certain good robbery worth millions.

He puts his sight at the toilet pot - lid closed;the shower cubical - empty;the bathtub - no sign;the wash basin - nothing at all.He sighs and shakes his head in misery,pulls his head out of the cavity.And glances around the room,dull gloomy eyes looking around the room.

"Where did he go now?"Porsche says and exhales out exhaustively,as he walks towards the room's door and twists the knob - opening it,revealing the empty living area.He steps out and walks around the hall calling out Kinn's name as his next focus was the kitchen,that remains empty like every other corner of the house.With every passing second Porsche's breath hastened and the worry in his eyes was deepening along with the frown on his forehead.