Chapter 3 -Zariah

I feel the heat of the sun as it beams on my face. I groan loudly while simultaneously rolling over to hide under the covers, reluctant to leave my warm bed. I begin to doze off until I hear small footsteps paint across the floor. They reach a halt and I can hear the small breathing sounds hovering over my face.

"Is there something you need stalker?" I say as my head slowly peaks out from under the blanket now staring directly at him.

He just shakes his head with huge smile plastered across his face showing off his scattered teeth and dimples on each side.  My eyebrows scrunch together out confusion and intrigue, but I leave at that.

He starts giggling like crazy. "You're scarring me! What did you do to my house Tino?"

"Notving Mommy."

Unsure if I should believe him or not I glance to my clock to see if I still have time to clean up whatever mess he made before I have to go to work. Shockingly I'm met with a blinking 12:00. I look back at Tino with large eyes hoping he didn't do what I think.

But, I was right. The little bastard plugged out my clock AS A PRANK.

"ANTONIO AMORETTI I HOPE ON OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST THAT YOU DIDN'T PLUG OUT MY CLOCK!!!"

"I don't know" he says with a shit eating grin as he sways side to side with his hand behind his back.

I roll my eyes and quickly grab my phone. "SHIT!" It was 11:30 and I started work at  12:00. I spring out of bed and run straight to the bathroom. I brush my teeth, rinse off my face and remove my scarf. Thankfully I have did my hair last night. I try to find a pair of black pants for my uniform, but they were all dirty. "SHIT!" I go to reach into the bin to grab and wear a dirty one.

"Eww bitch put those back were late not nasty." I throw them back on the ground and threw on a black mini skirt instead.  My uniform top was a vest type shirt so I put on black knitted sweater over, before I ran into the living room. I see Tino watching SpongeBob on his tablet.

I grab him so I can dress him and do his hair before we have to go. I put on a fuzzy brown set with a white shirt and some vans since it was a little chilly.

I snatch the baby bag off his room floor as we make our way back out to the kitchen. I grab a banana and the car keys off the counter, lock the doors and securely put Tino into his car seat.

I was now no longer regretting my decision to use my college tuition to buy a car.

We arrived at the restaurant at 12:10 and I knew once I told Loretta the story she would've just laughed, but it was the bitches I worked with that would have a problem

We arrived at the restaurant at 12:10 and I knew once I told Loretta the story she would've just laughed, but it was the bitches I worked with that would have a problem. They always had a hatred towards me because they believed I was treated better than they were.

I knock lightly on Loretta's door until I hear a soft "come in." I open the door slowly with an already guilty look on my face.

"Hiiii." I stretch out so she feels some type of pity for me.

"Mi stai uccidendo, piccola." She says without looking up from me.

(You're killing me child)

"I know I'm so so sorry L, but your favourite person in the world sabotaged me."

I cover his ears before I speak again. "L the little shit plugged out my clock and then started laughing like it was the best thing in the world!" I quickly exclaim through one breath as I uncover his ears.

She finally looks up with a grin painted across her face. "Cosa faremo con te, eh?" She says as she comes closer shaking her head.

(What are we gonna do with you, huh?)

"I don't know?" He says smiling as she picks him up. "Go amore, quickly. There is a table that just came in serve them first." She pats my cheek and sends me on my way.

I take a deep breath before grabbing a note pad and apron to approach the table. I ignore all the dirty looks I get as I walk through the kitchen to the front and keep my head held high.

"Hi everyone! My name is Zariah I'll be your server, how are you guys doing today?" I direct to the men at the table dressed in suits from head to toe.

"We're doing better now." I husky voice roars through the restaurant as he looks at me with a sinister grin.