Chapter 17 - Giovanni

I'm in the car only 5 minutes away from Ale's house when I get a call from him.

"Ale I'm almost there calm your fucking nerves." I say to beat his impatient ass. He calls me like 100 times if I'm 5 minutes late.

I wasn't late frequently just when I wanted to.

"Hello to you too." A voice I recognized all too well spoke up.

"Shit." I whisper under my breath.

"Im sorry baby, I didn't mean to yell at you. I thought it was Alessandro. You know I would never talk to you like that." I ramble on before steadying my thoughts.

"Okay! Let me start over si, good morning." I finally get out as a coherent sentence.

"Good morning. I was calling you because Alessandro asked me to tell you to get us coffee. He said if I ask you'll probably do it." Her sweet angelic voice explained.

I smiled to myself because he was right I mean sometimes I can barely believe the way I describe her perfect essence.

Oh get a fucking grip Giovanni she's not even yours.

Yet.

"Okay. How do you drink your coffee?" I sigh out in defeat.

"I don't drink coffee. It's really just for him, but me and Tino will take hot chocolate if you don't mind."

"Of course I don't!" Chill out you're sounding wayyy too eager.

She giggles at my stupidity before continuing her sentence.

"Okay thank you! Any size for me and a small for Tino." I nod as if she can see me.

"Oh and Alessandro said I-i- mean i think Alessandro would like hot chocolate as well, but with what-

oh whip cream."

"Tell Ale to fuck off and he's getting black coffee."

"Please." Is all she had to say for me to bend over backwards.

"Okay I'll be there soon Tereso."

"Okay thank you, bye!"

"Bye." And the phone call ends.

15 minutes later

I pull up to the house with all the drinks in my hand. Ale had texted that they were in the backyard so I went straight back there.

I see Tino running around like a chicken with his head cut off and Ale's big braulick ass chasing after him like some creep. I glance over to the patio where Zariah is sitting. She look slightly worried and I bit uneasy, but immediately burst out into laughter as Ale tumbles to the ground.

I open the door, but nobody turns probably too focused on a the man in dress pants covered in grass stains.

"That was amazing do it again!" Zariah barely gets out from how she is still laughing. She claps her hands and throws her head back simultaneously when he makes his over, but is now somehow limping.

"Shut the fuck up." He says under his breath so she can hear, but not Tino. He had a smile on his face that made me almost believe he was trying to be nice.

I knew the truth.

And it's going to break her when she finds out.

I clear my throat to make my presence known since they seemed rather preoccupied with themselves.

They all snap their heads in my direction.

"Ah great you're here!" Ale makes his way over to me to grab the tray from my hands, but I slap them away.

"Come over here Zariah." I say and she stands up walking towards me.

She stands in front of both of us more directed to me just waiting for what I called her over for.

"Here take that one for you and that one for Tino." I say while pointing to the cups. She smiles up at me and it pulls at my heart.

Ale stands there waiting for his turn. I give a paper cup and walk away.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!" He yells as sit across  Zariah and Tino.

"Black coffee." I'm smiling from ear to ear from how he thought he could manipulate me.

"Alessandro can you please not swear in front of Tino." Zariah quietly says.

He breaths out running his free hand down his face. "Yeah I'm sorry I'll watch my language."

He whipped just like me, but we both had different reasons. I turn to watch him walk away when he turns at the same time to make eye contact.

"FUCK YOU!" He mouths and slams the door behind him.

What a baby.

I shake my head and turn back to them to see her just staring at me.

"Yes."

"Nothing."

"So why are you staring?"

"Is my sister dead?"

She blurts out of nowhere.

"Wh-why are you asking me that?" I stutter.

"Answer the question and stop deflecting."

I was surprised how quickly she became hostile.

"I don't know anything Zariah." I try to ensure her.

"Fine, but if either of you are lying to me you will regret it. I mean it."

With that she stands up setting Tino down on the ground for them both to walk back inside.

She knows something. I have to figure it out before it puts all of us in danger.