Chapter 15 - Zariah

I jump out of my sleep covered in cold sweats shriving from the chills that were causing goosebumps to paint my entire body.

My head was spinning and I felt absolutely nauseous. Everything on my body hurt somehow.

I look over to Tino and he was sleeping soundly. He looked so peaceful it pulled at my heart to know the amount stress that was currently residing in his supposed to be simple life. I knew for a fact that I couldn't even tell him everything would be okay cause I myself didn't know.

I sigh and run my hands down my face. I look at the clock on the dresser beside the bed since the ugly fuck took my phone and all other belongings in my purse.

The clock read 5:30 am. I didn't care I got up anyway, I knew if I stayed in bed I would've woken up Tino and he would rain hell on me for the rest of the day.

I walk to the bathroom and begin to wash my face with the cleanser they provided for us. I strip my clothes off and hop in the shower.

I wipe my hands across the mirror to clean off the fog and make a clearer image.

What the hell I gonna do with my hair.

I look under the sink, cabinet and bathroom mirror. Nothing. This dumb prick decided to kidnap a black woman and get no hair products.

I wet it in hopes that some of the product from yesterday will still be useful. I take my elastic and use it to make a puff. It was easy and loose.

I lotion my skin, put on deodorant and clothe myself since he didn't get any perfume either.

I open the door slowly for one to make sure there was no one there, but also to ensure that Tino doesn't wake up.

I make my way down the stairs as I hear absolute silence. I hoped to make something for me and Tino and make my way back upstairs.

I walk around aimlessly for a few minutes trying to locate the kitchen.

I finally found it to see a man figure sitting at one of the barstools.

I freeze and turn around to walk back upstairs, but am stopped in my tracks.

"I can hear you so there is no reason to try and run." He says without turning.

I turn back and make my way deeper in the kitchen.

"Can I cook something for me and Tino please?" I simply ask trying not to sound too intimidated.

"I said your staying here not that I'm going to starve and abuse you." He chuckles as if anything in this situation is funny.

"You didn't SAY anything you screamed it." I emphasize on the say, roll my eyes and open the fridge to see it full to the brim.

Like why the hell does this single man need this much food.

White men.

So greedy.

"Giovanni was right, you are sassy."

I close the doors after taking out some eggs, avocado, bacon and toast.

Then just stare at him.

"You're right. I did just scream at you and I'm sorry. I know you don't care, but knowing you have a child and not knowing where they are is really taxing."

I looked at him a little sad that he's spent a lot of his time looking for us. It didn't last long as he stood up and made his way towards me.

I watched him as he got all the pots and utensils out for me to use. He goes to walk away, but I stop him.

"Wait! Seasoning. Do you have that or?"

He rolls his eyes and makes his way towards a cabinet above my head.

"Yes Zariah I have seasonings. I'm white, but not that white."

All I do is laugh at his statement. I mean it's exactly what I was thinking.

"Thank you, but you know my name and I don't know yours." I look up towards him.

"Alessandro Amoretti." He states simply.

"So I guess that makes Tino's last name Amoretti and not Ried."

"I guess that would be right, but let's make him choose."

I nod my head with a small smile at his statement since I know that he has problems with Kiyana and still would let Tino keep our last name.

"Thank you Alessandro Amoretti."

"You're welcome Zariah Ried."

He repeats back in the same tone as me while walking away.

Maybe this won't be so bad.

Maybe he isn't trying to take Tino, just getting to know him.