Chapter 7 - Zariah

Author's note

This is a short chapter since I want to keep the story going, but want to fix some plot holes I feel we're there.

Enjoy!  💕

"Knows about what?" I say standing
behind the man I was about to leave my child with.

It had hit me as I walked away that I didn't even know his name, and the decision that I so quickly agreed to was a completely unsafe.

I was somewhat glad I turned around because he looked like dear caught in headlights.

"I-I-I nothing. I didn't mean anything by it." He stumbles out in an ill attempt to soothe me.

I furrow my eyebrows towards him and he continues to just stands shocked. He looked so stupid and it was starting to annoy me.

"Well I came back to know your name so I could feel a little safer with leaving my son with you, but right now I feel the complete opposite."

He sighed and lowered his head. "I didn't mean it in a creepy way, just found you attractive. So meant he could tell me if you have a boyfriend or girl- never mind. You're right it was creepy."

"Oh." Is all I could manage to say.

"Yeah." He says right back.

"Well I should get the food. You know keep up my end of the deal." I laugh off as I practically run away.

"IT'S GIOVANNI." He yells across the restaurant and I smile to myself.

I keep my back turned and just put a thumbs up in the air as I make my way into the kitchen.