Chapter 8 - Giovanni

HOLY SHIT.

HOLY SHIT.

HOLY SHIT.

My heart is beating through my fucking chest. I 100% thought that she was going to see through my lie.

I mean technically it's not a lie considering I was going to ask about her love life. But I was also concerned that she might've seen my picture taking and how in the holy fuck would I be able to explain that one.

I quickly pull over Antonio to the table and sit him on my lap. "Is your mommy usually that scary?" I whisper into his ear.

He simply just nods his head. Crap. Maybe he doesn't talk around others just his mom. A selective mute or something. I really don't have time for this shit.

"Okay kid. Where's your real mom?" I cut straight to the point.

His eyebrows knit together. "Real mommy?" He says looking around to find someone. I follow his eyes in anticipation. He finally lifts his arm pointing to Zariah.

I sigh realizing he's not getting it. "Where's your mommy's sister kid?"

"Just me and mommy" he says immediately.

I bet she's dead.

Shit. Did she put Zariah in her will to have parental custody if she passes.

Alessandro is gonna lose it.

Or maybe this makes getting him easier.

"How old is your mommy Tino?" I say with a small smile to put him at ease.

Instead he squints at me and flatly says "Antonio."

"What?" Why the hell is he telling me his name.

"Only mommy call me Tino. Not you!" My eyes widen at the sternness in his voice.

He and his aunt are identical.

"Okay sorry. How old is your mom Antonio?" I fix and restate my previous question.

"I don't know. I only 4." Right what was I thinking he probably can't count to 10.

Okay think Giovanni what can he tell me to prove useful?

I part my lips to ask him something else, but I'm interrupted by Zariah coming back to the table with our orders.

"Sorry it took so long." She says more directed to me than the table. I just nod insuring her it was fine and smiles slightly.

"Mommy where is sister?" Antonio blurts out.

Fuck.

This little shit.

My cover is completely blown.

There goes my smooth approach. I stare at her face waiting for a reaction, hopefully sad to confirm my suspicions.

"What sister are you talking about Tino?" She says slightly hostile. Nope definitely not dead.

"He says mommy have sister." He clarifies pointing to me.

He is making this impossible.

"Come here now Antonio." She says piercing holes through my face. I guess there goes all my chances of getting her to sit on my face.

She picks him up and says nothing. I see her disappear through the kitchen. I run my hands down my face and through my hair out of sheer frustration.

I really didn't want to kidnap anyone today, but it seems like I might not have a choice.

I go to stand up, but she comes back out walking towards our table.

"I don't know who you people are, but let me make one thing clear. If you think that you're gonna stir shit up in my life you have another thing coming."

"Eat your food, pay the check and get the fuck out." Without leaving us any time to comment back with that she turns and walks away.

Fuck. Im definitely kidnapping them.