Chapter 18 - Giovanni

I made my way back in the house few minutes after Zariah and Tino left. I had to collect my thoughts before getting new info from Ale.

I saw them sitting in the couch watching something on what looked like Ale's laptop. I was guessing he still hadn't given her back Tino's iPad and her phone.

I walked past them and am now in Ale's office as he tries to gather all the information he found on Alexei.

"Okay! Like I told you before Alexei has resurfaced. My men said they spotted him making arm deals with Vincenzo Marino down at the warehouse."

"Meaning the son of a bitch is getting back in the business." My jaw was clenching just knowing we would end up meeting him again in the near future.

"Correct." He simply states while walking to get something from behind his desk,

"I heard he will be making his grand debut 4 weeks from now, letting everyone in our world know that he's back." He places a picture of him picking out party items.

"So is our main goal to get an invitation to this party, or to ruin it?"

"He's an arrogant bastard. We don't need to try he WILL send us an invitation so he can pretend as if he isn't afraid of us."

"The real question is; if it is for show or is it a set up?"

Well we know that he wants to kill us, but something about this "comeback" feels wrong. As if there's a bigger motive than just revenge.

What if he knows about Tino?

And he's just trying to get him out the house to kill him.

That would be the only thing to truly break Ale.

I'm literally snapped out of my spiral by his fingers snapping in my face.

"What?" I say hitting his hand away.

"I asked you a question idiota."

"What was it?"

"Zariah made me fire my cook in the evenings because she said something about not wanting Tino to grow up to be a spoiled, and useless man. She cooks while teaching Tino how to as well so she asked if you wanted to stay for dinner."

"She cooks for you too?" I raise my eyebrows towards him. Alessandro is disgustingly picky. He's had that chef for 12 years and still somehow complains that she isn't doing it right, but refuses to fire her because he doesn't like change.

"Yes Giovanni I eat her food and before you start with the whole I'm picky thing, I don't know what she puts in it. But NO complaints over here." He put his hands in the air and I just shake my head while getting up to make my way out.

"Oh Giovanni here."

"What is it?" I ask examining the piece of paper he's just given me.

"His invitation list so far. Check everyone out and see if they would be an immediate danger for us.

I go to open my mouth before we hear loud crashing from outside.

Ah shit!

What now?