Chapter 22 - Zariah

We headed into the doctor's office where my doctor sat around her computer. Giovanni had lifted me onto the table even though I've told him numerous times I could do it myself.

I was still giving him the cold shoulder not because I thought he meant to offend me, but because he doesn't realize how hard this is for me. I myself already decided to let it go since this morning I could tell he was going to apologize before he was interrupted.

"So Ms.Ried, how are we feeling?" She asks spinning around in her chair.

"Good! My toe feels much better than I expected. I think it's healing quickly." I say excited that I might get to drop the crutches.

I don't think this hoe heard a single word out my mouth because she was too busy drooling on the ground. Giovanni green giant ass didn't even notice cause he was too busy staring at me.

I roll my eyes and clear my throat to get back her attention.

"Oh I'm sorry I must've spaced out." She laughs, but abruptly stops when neither of us joins.

She takes off my boot and begins to examine my toe. I do a couple of movements and reflex test before she puts it back on.

"Okay, great news I think that you were right on the quickly healing part. By next week I think that we can possibly see you out of this boot. It is up to you tho, if you'd like to continue using the crutches." She explains.

"I don't think I want to since I still have the boot." I protest.

"Okay. And the medication?"

"She's still taking the anti bacterial, but no longer takes the pain killers. She says she doesn't need it anymore." Giovanni says before I could even open my mouth.

"Oh aren't so you cute, taking care of her." She stands up caressing his arm and throwing herself onto him.

He moves back almost making her fall on the ground.

"I'm with her obviously, so doctor keep your hands off of me. Okay?" He spits out coldly towards her.

I smile while looking down at the floor. It made my stomach flutter from his loyalty he has for me and we aren't even together.

"Ye-yes sir. I'm sorry." She stutters out.

"Don't apologize to me, apologize to her since it was HER appointment you decided to act so unprofessionally in." My eyes widen at how aggressive he was being.

"Right. I'm sorry ma'am."

"No worries at all." I smile feeling somewhat bad for her.

"You can make another appointment at the front."

We both nod, he helps me down and we leave.

15 minutes later

We are driving back to the house in complete silence. It wasn't awkward or hostile just comfortable.

"Zariah this morning I wan-" I cut him off before he could finish.

"I know you're sorry. I've already forgiven you, I wasn't mad at what you for what you said only that the fact that you said it means you don't realize how hard this is for me."

"I've realized that. I really didn't mean to anger you or put your feelings on the back burner. You my love are 100% right I hadn't taken your emotions into consideration and I sincerely apologize."

I just sit there silent.

"Do you forgive me?"

Nothing again. This man was turning my brain into mush and my vagina into a tsunami.