Chapter 21 - Giovanni

It's been 2 weeks since Zariah yelled at me in the car. I kept true to my word and stayed at the house to watch over her and help with whatever she needed.

I hadn't apologized to her since in my eyes what I said was not to anger her, but also because unless she is ordering me around or in need of her meds. She wants nothing to do with me.

It's 8:30am and she has to take her medication. I knock on her door gently to make it known to her, but not awaken Tino.

I hear shuffling around and light clinking of medal which I presumed to be her crutches, she barely uses them since she is practically trying to force herself to walk.

The door opens and of course she looks fresh out of a movie. Beautiful. I could look at her forever.

Without even giving me second glance she walks past me and slowly descends the stairs. I trail behind her and place both hands on her hips grazing over the exposed skin between shorts and shirt. I feel her shiver under my fingertips and exhale a shaky breath.

We get into the kitchen and I lead her to the stool. I give her a chance to attempt getting up on her own since she will hit my hands off if I try to "baby" her.

She slips twice before glaring at me. I don't wait for her to ask because I was here to help her. I lift her up by her hips and place her in the chair.

"Thank you." She says almost barely audible.

I just nod my head and make my way to the fridge to grab her water and some fruits. I put the cut fruits in a bowl and the cup of water alongside her two medication for infection and pain.

She pushes the pain killer back to me like the past three mornings.

" I don't need it. I'm not feeling pain anymore."

"Well maybe it's almost healed, I mean the doctor did say 2-4 weeks and it's been 2." I smile.

"Yeah maybe." She answers back with zero expression.

I was loosing my mind.

Just apologize you big bitch.

"Zariah look, I didn't me-." Im cut off by Ale calling my phone.

"What?"

"Come to my office now."

She is still staring at me with her beautiful eyes.

I take her face into both of my hands. 

"I have to go baby. Call me if you need any help please don't try to do it yourself okay? Do not get hurt because you're mad at me please."

She just nods and bites her lip.

"Good." With that I kiss her forehead and walk away.

I knock on the door and wait for a come in before entering. He's sitting at his desk with a cigar in his hand with his head down examining papers.

I sit in the chair and wait for him to finish what ever he's doing. It didn't seem like a long wait since my mind was preoccupied by the thoughts of Zariah hurting herself.

"How's Zariah's foot?"

"Good. We have a doctor appointment today, but I think it's practically healed."

"Fantastic!" He says sounding genuine and not sarcastic which is a little concerning.

"Yeah." I say squinting my eyes at his sudden behaviour.

"As we discussed before Alexie's party is in 2 weeks."

All I do is nod my head in agreement.

"I've made a rather big decision."

I say nothing in case my reaction turns to be rather harsh.

"I'm staying back to protect Antonio and you are going, but you're taking Zariah."

"WHAT!" I yell getting up from the seat.

"Calm down fratello. If we both don't go Alexei will find it suspicious and try to dig further meaning his chances of finding it about Antonio increases. I want to ensure both get max security."

My jaw flex I bet he doesn't give a flying fuck about her.

"If you show up with her he'll simply think it's just a girl you're screwing and that's it. It's a known fact in the community that you're or better yet were a womanizer. He wouldn't kill her since he will think there is no value to your guys relationship. I can protect Tino and you can protect her."

I relax knowing that what he's saying is somewhat true. I don't know what it is, but I would kill anyone to keep her safe. I would die just to make her happy.

"Okay." I say sitting back down.

"Good." He claps his heads together.

"Now all you have to do is get her to agree."

Ah shit! I forgot about that part.

"I need her to talk to me at least."

"You have 2 weeks you'll get there." He says now standing up to par my shoulders.

I nod in response.

"Okay! Now get out."

I rise to my feet and exit the office closing the two doors behind me.

How the hell can I convince her?