Chapter 24 - Giovanni

Dammit!

How the hell am I supposed to convince Ale to let me take Zariah and Tino out? I think as I make my way to his office. He had been busy all day fixing the protection plans for them both; finding the location before invitation are sent to know and control the area to decrease the potential threats.

I knew he hadn't eaten I single thing in at least 3 days. Zariah leaves him food every night, but he just keeps giving it to the men standing guard. Everything about Alexei being back was putting a toll and his health, he was becoming very paranoid which I understand since finding Antonio and him deciding to return is suspiciously close almost as if it was planned.

I knock on the door waiting for a come in, but receive nothing. I open the doors anyways to see him sleeping on top of a large pile of loose papers.

How could someone look so tired while sleeping?

I turn readying myself to exit since I could always just go then deal with the consequences, but before I could open the door I hear papers rustling and a deep growl mumbling something under his breath. I direct my body towards the sound to see an exhausted Ale rubbing his eyes and blinking to get adjusted to the fluorescent lights that hovered directly over his head.

"Don't you know knocking us a thing?" He snaps at me. Another thing not only is he practically vanishing, but the little bitch has a major attitude. Probably from the lack of sleep and pussy.

"I did knock, but you were to busy drooling on those papers." I insinuate circling my hand around the entire desk area.

"I wasn't drooling. So sh- you know what forget it. What is it you want Giovanni? And don't try to talk about that checking up on me shit cause I told you I'm fine." He rubs his hands down his face clearly annoyed and over this very short lived conversation.

"Zariah said yes. Im taking her out today to shop for the party." He shoot his head that was hung low with a bit of a brighter complexion.

"That's great!" He says in a normal voice, which he probably expected to be more powerful but lacked due to his current state.

"Let me finish. Unfortunately the only way she said she'll come is if we allow Tino to come as well."

He looks up towards the lights on the ceiling and silence fills the room for so long I thought he had fallen asleep again.

"Ale?"

Nothing again. It was if he was present in body form, but his body and mind were completely void. He already looked like a hollowed shell, but his lack of urgency is what was throwing me off the most.

"Ale?" By this time of calling him I was getting very concerned he just sat there continuing the staring contest with the bulbs.

I opted it from calling his name again and just walk directly over to him. And shocker the son of a bitch is sleeping. I push him slightly and his eyes shoot open.

"What the hell? One I was talking to you and two you need to rest, eat and get out of this room." I was starting to get angry since he hasn't listened to me and taking care of Zariah was enough and now I had to take care of him too.

"Stop bitching, I'm fine. I don't remember or care about you said so yeah whatever. Just do what you think is right or I would approve." He rushes out fixing and moving the papers to the side.

"Okay. Do you want me to turn off the lights?" I joke, but 100% mean. He looks at me and squints his eyes.

"Yes. And tell one of those lazy fucks to wake me up in 30. I meant Giovanni I have to get up so don't try to make me get rest." He points his finger at me.