Chapter 4 - Zariah

It was making me slightly uncomfortable. His eyes never left mine and the grin remained stained on his face. I was set to ease a little by the absolute beauty of this man.

His eyes were green, but they were darker than any others I had ever seen, more emerald than sage. He had olive skin. His pink lips were substantial but not too big for his face, and his beard was clean-shaven and lined up precisely. He wore a golden chain around his neck and has broad shoulders. He was dressed in a black dress shirt with two buttons undone, which exposed what felt to be a tattooed chest. I followed my gaze down to his hands, which was similarly covered in tattoos and rings that complemented the veins wonderfully. The jacket was also black and well displayed his broad arms. This man oozed with wealth and power.

"Normalmente i server si limitano a fissare?" One of the men with a clean shaven head whispered under his breath.

("Do the servers normally just stare?")

Shit. Was I staring for that long.

"No not usually, I'm sorry that was rude of me. Please forgive me." I rush out with a nervous laugh.

All there eyebrows raised at the same time. Probably from shock that I understood Italian, but living in little Italy and working at Loretta's practically made it a requirement. I couldn't  have people taking shit or asking me a question and sit there stumped.

The smile that slightly faltered had sprung back to life on the Italian man's face.

"You understand Italian?" He said more a question than a statement. I just nod my head with a tight lipped smile.

"How?" He shot back again.

"Well my boss teaches my son soo. I can understand it, but not speak it." A little chuckle leaves my lips with the statement.

"Son?" He questions. I didn't like talking about Tino just because men are scary and being a single mother sometimes fuels them.

"Son" I reply back flat with a firm nod. And thankfully he picked on my hint to drop the subject.

They all finally start giving me there orders with the occasional glance over the entirety of my body or more specifically my thighs. I did regret wearing the skirt just because of how revealing it was, but it made me money that I so desperately needed.

I went to the machine to punch in their orders until Olivia and her 'squad' approached me. She blonde and very petite. She was working here before and not one day was she nice.

If I ever felt like I missed out on the high school experience they for sure gave it to me.

"You're a whore you know that." She jumps right into her bitch fit.

Ignored.

"I mean of course you would parade your ass in a short skirt to get tips."

Silence.

"That's what prostitutes do. Are you a prostitute Zariah?"

This bitch is pushing it.

"I mean that would explain how you ended up with a baby at the age of 16." She laughs out before all her little minions join. "Whore." She fake coughs out.

Alright that's it.

I turn to her and before I could stop myself. Not that I would've. I slap the girl.

"Who the hell do you think you're talking to?" I spit out with complete anger lacing my voice.

She stands there in utter shock that I put my hands on her. Tears brimming her eyes and she stand there with both hands on her cheek.

"Don't ever think for a second I won't put you in your place because we work together."

"Do you understand me?" I say as I walk over now slightly hovering her.

She was 5'5 and I was 5'8 so it wasn't impossible.

She nods her head quickly as if I was going to slam her to ground.

"Good! Now walk away bitch." I finish with a bright smile so customers wouldn't too alarmed.

She and her gang scurry away without a word. But in the corner of my eyes I see him once again looking at me with a smirk, but this time is head was titled to the side.

I ignore it and keep punching in their orders.