Chapter 40: Darling, Honey, Sweetheart Part 2- (1) Chaeyoung's Mission

Chaeyoung

"Darling."

"Honey."

"Sweetheart."

I called out to her, but she didn't respond or even turn to acknowledge me. She had been avoiding me since yesterday. I lounged on the couch as she diligently cleaned the house on this Saturday morning. Thankfully, I didn't have to rush to the office for the Mini Project, as my task allowed for a more relaxed schedule with ample time.

My eyes followed Mina as she vacuumed the living room, while I casually watched television and snacked on biscuits for breakfast – since she hadn't cooked for me, of course. Deliberately, I allowed some crumbs to fall onto the floor in an attempt to capture her attention. Initially, it seemed ineffective as she just vacuumed up the crumbs without a word. I continued to drop biscuit crumbs, a mischievous smile on my face.

Finally, Mina let out an exasperated sigh and shot me daggers. I merely shrugged, suppressing a grin, and carried on enjoying my biscuits. "Mina, darling," I began, "Riddle me this. I can navigate a narrow tunnel but struggle in a wide one. What am I?" I posed the question, attempting to capture her attention in a different way.

She remained unfazed. "It's spit," I chuckled at my self-made riddle, but she didn't even spare a glance. My laughter faded as I stared at her, the persistent hum of the vacuum filling the house. Finally, I stood up, walked over to the vacuum plug, and decisively unplugged it. She turned around, walked to the electrical outlet, completely ignoring me. She made an attempt to take the plug from my hand, but I skillfully dodged her efforts, laughing at her failed attempt to grab it.

She gave up and sighed, finally looked at me, "Chaeyoung," She called. I smiled, her cheeks were pinkish, probably from suppressing her anger.

That was—-cute

That was—-cute. I discarded the plug and gently took her wrist, guiding her towards the couch. She complied without protest, and I gestured for her to sit while settling down beside her. I contemplated resting my head on her lap but paused, realizing I should ask for permission. I met her gaze as she appeared perplexed. "Can I lay my head on your lap?" I asked. She didn't respond immediately, there was hesitation. I decided to interpret it as a yes. "That brief hesitation counts as a yes," I declared playfully and proceeded to rest my head on her lap. With my eyes closed, I relished her presence and touch. "It's Saturday; let's take a breather. Once the Mini Project begins, we'll hardly have time to relax like this."

As I peeked at her, I noticed she was silently staring back at me. Our eyes locked, and the close proximity between us left me with no option but to close my eyes, surrendering to the warmth of the moment. Since when——her eyes—- so tender, so calming. It was as if I had never truly noticed it before.

I sighed, "I like hair strokes," I waited in anticipation, with a glimmer of hope. It took a few seconds, but then I felt her gentle fingertips begin to run through my hair. Hehe. She actually stroked my hair. A contented smile slowly spread across my face as I savored the sensation. It was indeed a simple gesture, yet it was comforting.