Chapter 8: Comfort-Zone vs Danger-Zone

Mina

Ms Son was talking to the Directors after the show over. They were still inside the hall. She asked, more like ordered me to wait in the parking lot and I was awkwardly standing beside her red Porsche. The apricot dress was remarkably dazzling but it was uncomfortable. It perfectly complimented my body's curve that somehow makes me anxious.

I wondered maybe it was because the unfamiliar fit of quality fabrics that I'm not used to and didn't feel normal. How much this dress was? It must be pricey. My thoughts were interrupted by a cooling breeze blew upon my face. I shivered, rubbing my palm together and breathed on my fingers with the effort to keep my warm. It was almost an hour already. She could have just lent me the car key so I could wait inside yet, she must be doing this on purpose. Or she was afraid I would scratch or do something harmful to her precious car. 

A coat suddenly wrapped around my shoulder causing me to look up. She smiled at me then crossed her arms, humming as she eyed me from head to toe. "Naturally elegant" She gave me two thumbs up then settled beside me, leaning against the car.

"Ms---" I began.

"Please, just Jeongyeon. We are outside of work Mina"

I bit my lips and glanced the black coat hung around me. Of course, I appreciated her kindness but she was just in a thin white t-shirt. I didn't want her to catch a cold. "Ms Yoo, you don't really have to--"

"I'll only accept a thank you" She threw me a fake warning face. Drawing in her eyebrows, a glaring or hooded look to her eyes and her lips becoming narrowed and thin. This overdramatic expression obviously was her being playful.

I unconsciously smiled, "Thank you"

The next second was only us enjoying each other company, bathing in the comfortable silence. We both facing the night sky where there was only the moon shining above the passing clouds, not even a star was there next to her. In the pure blackness, she stood alone. I kinda felt for the moon, she looked lonely but she was glowing to the fullest, doing her job no matter how down she was. While, here I am, barely fighting to live each day. I hoped I was as brave as her. Shrugging off the melancholy air around me, I peeked to the side and saw Ms Yoo staring into spaces.

When I first entered this company. It was a huge Group Business that dominated most of the industry. The Son was not a stranger name in Asia. It had been running since the '90s. I knew who Ms Son and Ms Yoo were even before meeting them. Their pictures, biography and interviews were displayed in every magazine. While I was once an editor in a marketing publishing team. I was shocked when I discovered they were sisters because the issues were never talked by Ms Yoo in any interviews she went. Their personality was the complete opposite, one was an angel and the other was a devil. How was that possible and even their last name was different? The question was soon answered when my colleague explained that they were stepsister. Ms Yoo's mother was a mistress.