Chapter 12: Dance With Me

• Chapter 11 •

Previously

"She is my fiancee, my love, my Cinderella. Myoui Mina"

She stood before me and smiled. The prettiest thing I'd seen in a while, for it extended to her eyes and softened. She gazes me a look of assurance that seemed genuinely sweet. I couldn't utter a word nor move, as I was captivated by those deep pools of dark-cinnamon orbs. She intertwined our hands and lightly pulled me to the exit door and entered the elevator. My head was still in haze from all of the pressure and Chaeyoung's words. I was finally brought to reality when she grabbed me, dragged me to her, kissing me as the door shuts, closing off shocking gasps.

• Chapter 12 •

Immediately, Chaeyoung moved away from me. I stumbled back against the wall breathing fast. Her kiss had been hard deliberatewith an edge of anger and frustration to it, "Why did you do that?" I asked, referring to the kiss. The coldness of her touch still lingering on my lips. It was my first, and I used to imagine it will be full of fireworks, tingles and desire, but in the end, it was harsh and demanding. I knew I shouldn't expect anything the moment I signed the contract and I know too well I shouldn't be having this feeling. Where I can feel the heat growing in my cheeks. Blushing over something that was so trivial and meant nothing.

Fixing her blazer, she shrugged, "Might as well leave with a bang." She chuckled while wiping her lips with a handkerchief. "The way the gossip works in this industry, this will be everywhere by tonight." A loud loud harsh cackle of laughter filled the elevator as her head falling back on her shoulders. "That rumours did me a huge favour and he has no idea" The doors openedand she fixed her expression before grabbing me by the waist and walked out.

She smiled and escorted me to the front passenger seat. I knew she was probably putting a facade for public eyes. I entered the car and she jogged to the driver seat, settling beside me. Her words before was still echoed inside my mind as I tried to understand it. I brought my gaze to her, "Favor? Did you...did you plan all of this?" The thought of her being the mastermind and the person who released the rumour, had my heart whimpered and ached.

She smirked, "No, but I know who did it" She slid on her sunglasses and drove away. A sarcastic scoff escaped from her grinning lips, "Everything went well, Mina. The media and all eyes were watching. I decided a scene would be a good thing. He thought I'll be shaken by this, looks like his plan is backfired."

"It was advertising. The name of the game. In one move, they found out about us. You see what happened tonight was my fiancee was being talked trash in a party and I defended her. That was a romantic and touching move. It's perfect. I couldn't have planned it better if I tried."

She arched her brows and stole a glance at me before diverting her attention back to the road. "I couldn't care less about your past Mina, what I do care is how it affect this contractual relationship. I need you to tell me more about you. And I will tell you more about me. Hence, whenever something like this repeated again in the future, we both are well-prepared to face it."

I sank to my seat and planted my gaze outside the window, not bothering to answer her. I should have seen this coming, but deep down, I'm disappointed and embarrassed by my own stupid expectation. This whole new environment and sudden changes made me stray away from the real purpose of the agreement. I needed money and she needed the title.

We both were using each other and gained benefits from it. Although, I hoped we could at least treat each other with mutual respect and understanding, considering we both in this together. I didn't think it was possible. She would never consider me anything else than a bridge for her to reach her goal. What she said was right. It was my fault to be fooled by her comforting words earlier, it was my fault to expect more and be disappointed by it. It was because I was driven by emotions. I should not forget that and keep things professional between us.