Chapter 7: Make-Up Show

Tzuyu came to the elevator and pushed the green button on the extruding control panel. The elevator's gear kicked in and she waited patiently. A file on his hand while the other busied her phone, texting with the girl she was currently courting. With a ding, the elevator reached the second highest floor, after the Chairman office on floor 88. She slip her phone inside her pocket and walked out through the hallway and top executives office then finally, the Executive Director.

She walked in, expecting Mina to greet her yet the Personal Assitant's table was empty, no sign of it being occupied and left behind. Her brow arced, 'she's absence? there is no way Chaeyoung would let this slide. Hope she'll be fine when she return' She thought, sighing.

Stroding past the table she knocked the black wooden door, then walked inside "Mate, I need your approval for the----?" Her words halted when there was no sight of her best friend either. The table was clean and there was no coat hung on the hook rack. She was left perplexed, no matter how a philander Chaeyoung was, she always prioritized work above anything else. Even if she couldn't come to office, she would surely inform Tzuyu or/and Jihyo although it rarely happened.

Her eyes squinted, sensing the abnormality in this situation, especially when both of them were absence. Thinking back, Mina had always been the most hardworking out of all workers- her picture was displayed on the board for perfect attendance every year. Never missed even a single day. Weirded out, she entered the lift again and went a floor higher. She walked to the Chairman's office, intending to meet his Secretary. They exchanged brief greeting before she jumped to her questions, "Jihyo-sii, Chae doesn't come to her office today. And Ms Myoui is nowhere to be seen. Do you know anything?"

Jihyo heaved a sigh and shook her head, "I've tried to contact Ms Son, yet she didn't answer and for Miss Myoui, she doesn't have a phone. The Chairman was quite furious earlier in the meeting when Ms Son wasn't present. I'm about to meet you and ask about it"

Tzuyu nodded, digging her phone out and called the latter yet she had the same result as Jihyo, "She's not answering" she mumbled.

"We need to find her. She has to attend the make-up show today in the evening. The project is under her care" Jihyo stated, worried line visible on her forehead as she glanced the time. 11:25 a.m.

"It's okay, there must be a way we can find her." Tzuyu assured the secretary. "Hmm, because she is so particular unless it's her own bed she has to sleep in a five-star hotel."

"That's true" Jihyo agreed and quickly went over her laptop and contacted the hotels while Tzuyu was silently watching. After a while, Jihyo facepalmed and sigh, "Ms Son name isn't on any guest list at any of the hotels in the city"

Tzuyu hummed, "Then, go check the restaurant"

"Restaurant?"

"You know how peculiar she is, right. She doesn't eat if it's not prepared by his own staff, or made by top chef" After her statement, Jihyo did another search and reached out to the well-known and elite restaurants in the city, yet to no avail she couldn't find anything.

They fell into silence, thinking of possible place Chaeyoung might have been until suddenly a random thought crossed Tzuyu's brilliant mind. "Oh, wait. What if they are together? Like Chaeyoung staying in Mina's apartment." Her eyes instantly sparkled in excitement just by considering the probability of her assumption. Jihyo only frowned and seemed to be thinking. A chuckle escaped Tzuyu's mouth as she added, "Imagine there was suddenly a power cut and she was being an embarrassing scaredy-cat"