Chapter 44: Darling, Honey, Sweetheart Part 3- (2) Behind The Door

Mina

There were moments when Chaeyoung treated me unfairly, and during those times, her anger or frustration seemed to find its target in me. It was painful and bewildering, as if I were walking on a thin layer of ice, never knowing when it might crack beneath me. In those moments, I felt paralyzed, unable to utter a word, cowering in fear and consumed by my own past. I couldn't risk saying anything that might provoke her further, so I remained silent, flinching unconsciously in her presence.

I questioned whether it was her that I was truly afraid of or if it was my own past that haunted me.

But despite the pain, I couldn't bring myself to hold onto that resentment. Deep down, beneath the surface of her unpredictable emotions, I recognized someone who was struggling, someone who was grappling with inner demons. It was as if she carried a heavy burden on her shoulders, one that she couldn't quite put into words. In those moments of turmoil, it became evident that she needed support and understanding more than anything else.

So, despite the hurt, I forgave her again and again. I always forgave her.

Our relationship slowly improved, but now, as it were happened again, it served as a stark reminder - the mess that she was, the emotional scars she carried, the persistent doubts that tormented her, and the unintentional pain she had caused me before and was causing again now. It was an unrelenting battle within me, torn between the deepening affection I felt for her and the memories of past hurt.

"Do you have feelings for her?" She softly uttered, reaching and holding my hand gently. I lifted my head and stared at her, "If you do, does it have to be her, Mina? Can't it be anyone else? Why must it be her?"

How could you? A wave of frustration washed over me as I listened to her baseless accusations and unfounded assumptions about my feelings. It felt unjust, especially considering her own complicated relationship with someone else. The hypocrisy of the situation irked me to no end, but I bit my tongue, not wanting to worsen the already tense atmosphere between us.

She left the house.

I didn't stop her.

I'm upset that she would jump to conclusions without understanding the intricacies of my emotions. She were projecting her own doubts and insecurities onto me again, using me as a scapegoat for her own unresolved issues. While I had managed to keep my emotions in check before, as my feelings for her deepened, I found it increasingly difficult to let such behavior slide. The more attached I became, the harder it was to remain rational and empathetic toward her. I needed to know what caused this and she had to let me know. I wanted to shout, to tell her how unfair it was, but I knew that would only push her further away.

I didn't anticipate her return, and her sudden appearance caught me off guard as she walked out of the training hall. Our eyes locked for a brief moment. I halted, unable to maintain the gaze, and continued ascending the stairs. In that very instant, a storm of emotions brewed within me - anger, hurt, and disappointment. It was a stark reminder of the complexities and challenges that defined our relationship. Despite my affection for her, I couldn't ignore the fact that misunderstandings and conflicts were inevitable between us.

I leaned against my bedroom door, my gaze fixed on the faint shadow of her form visible beneath the door's small gap. Seconds turned into moments as I waited in silence. Chaeyoung had always been closed off, never opening up about her thoughts or emotions, treating me feeling like an outsider, unable to gain her full trust. I longed to bridge that gap, to truly understand her, but it seemed like an impossible task.

She remained still, an elusive figure behind the door. If you choose to leave now, I won't have the chance to understand you. And if I can't comprehend your actions, then I can't forgive you. I'll hold you accountable for treating me unfairly and I'll hold you accountable for every word and every things you had done to me, so....

Please, talk to me.

As time ticked away, the shadow eventually disappeared. I sighed in disappointment and turned away, locking my bedroom door and making my way to the bed.

If you choose to walk away,

Then I would do the same,

I would no longer tolerate this.

I couldn't.

-to be continued-

_______________________________
@RenOgura

Yo! Ren here! AHHAHAH guess what? Today is our dear's author birthday 🎉  🎉 🎉 Lets wish them happy birthday and stability 😂😂

Happy birthday Jun!!!! 🥳🫶🫶

BTW, this is a really short update and Jun edited before I finalised and published it myself. Also this also will be the last update for now. Next will be the Mini Project Arc. 

Bye bye!! See ya when we see ya, probably next year depending on Jun 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Or maybe see What i can do in the mean time.

Thanks for reading! I hope readers understand both Chae and Mina POV. And there's someone commented that this book have too much angst probably haven't read broken flower yet HAAH

Goodbye~~~~