Chapter 56: In Your Warm Embrace Part 1

Mina

The dining hall was bathed in soft, warm lighting, and the gentle hum of conversation filled the air as passengers enjoyed their meals. It was a spacious and elegant area, with beautifully set tables and comfortable chairs. Large windows graced the cruise's dining hall, offering passengers a breathtaking view of the endless sea stretching out before them. The sun had descended beneath the watery horizon, casting the surface in shades of orange and red, while the first stars of the evening began to twinkle in the darkening sky.

"Minari," Ms. Momo called out, her voice cutting through the ambient chatter. She waved her hand, inviting me over to the table where she was sitting with a woman. It was her, the same woman I had met during a confrontation in the water park, Princess Somi Douma.

I walked over to the table and took a seat across from them, the polished wood surface smooth to the touch. The table was adorned with fresh flowers, and the plates and cutlery were impeccably arranged.

"Let me introduce you to Somi," Ms Momo said excitedly, referring to the woman. At that moment, I didn't think Ms. Momo was aware of the woman's true identity as a royal, and I didn't believe the princess had revealed it either.

With a warm smile, I extended a friendly greeting to the woman seated next to Ms. Momo. "Nice to meet you, Ms. Somi. I'm Myoui Mina," I introduced myself, my tone polite and amicable.

In response, she waved her hand with an air of casual friendliness. "Oh please, just call me Somi," she insisted, her gaze unwavering as it remained fixed on me. There was an intensity in her eyes that left me feeling somewhat uncomfortable. I shifted in my seat slightly.

Maybe I was overreacting.

After engaging in light conversation with Ms Somi and observing her interactions with Ms. Momo, I concluded that she was a cheerful and charming woman. It didn't take long for Ms. Momo to take a liking to her, and they quickly became engrossed in a conversation, their laughter filling the air. I found myself mostly smiling and listening, occasionally nodding in agreement, as I hesitated to insert myself too deeply into their lively discussion. Then, the conversation took a sudden turn, diverting to me. I paid closer attention, and soon I had no choice but to become more actively involved.

"So, Mina is married?" Ms Somi inquired, her gaze turning toward me. I met her eyes and nodded silently. Her gaze drifted down to my hand, where my wedding ring adorned my finger. I smiled, a little uncomfortable with the focus on my marital status, especially knowing it was just a contract marriage.

"Tell me, Mina, is your partner as skilled in the bedroom as Ms. Momo's girlfriend?" Somi asked playfully, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Uh—Y-yes," I stammered, not entirely sure how to respond to such a direct and personal question. It wasn't the first time I had been confronted with questions about my private life. Did people genuinely go around asking such intimate questions?

Ms Somi persisted, tilting her head, "You sound uncertain. Did she disappoint you?"

I shrugged, trying to find the right words, "I think... it's quite the opposite." I lowered my head, my cheeks feeling warm as I revealed this much about my personal life to near strangers. It was something I had been struggling with. I wasn't entirely sure why I felt the need to discuss it now. Perhaps it was a way to confront my own issues after a significant setback, or maybe deep down, I knew that I needed help. Honestly, it was embarrassing and even shameful.

"Are you scared?" She fixed her gaze on me, her eyes penetrating.

I averted my eyes and mumbled, "I guess."