Chapter 14

3rd Person POV

They were currently having a lively karaoke session in the living room. The three girls had all reached their tipsy states. Y/N had been sipping on a bottle of beer and the fruit punch she made earlier. Kazuha was in her competitive mode, determined not to lose a game to Somi, and vice versa. Meanwhile, Yunjin was the only one who managed to control herself from drinking too much and was now looking out for the others.

Kazuha kept singing, "Stop! don't touch me there, this is my no no square~" while Somi recorded her antics.

Feeling the joyful atmosphere, Y/N decided to sing her favorite song, 'Pretty When You Cry' by Lana Del Rey.

The song started with the melodic strumming of a guitar, and Y/N hummed along, mimicking the motions of a guitarist playing an electric guitar. Yunjin found herself thoroughly entertained by Y/N's drunken antics.

"She turns into a whole comedian when she's drunk, doesn't she?" Yunjin thought with a smile.

"I dedicate this song to someone here, so if you're listening, then you're listening," Y/N made a whimsical announcement with her tipsy voice, which prompted the three girls to clap and cheer for her."

"All the pretty stars shine for you, my love" Y/N sang the first lyrics.

"Am I the girl that you dream of?"
"All those little times you said that I'm your girl"
"You make me feel like your whole world"
"I'll wait for you, babe"

As Y/N sang those lyrics, her gaze locked onto one person, Huh Yunjin. With every note she belted out, Y/N's eyes seemed to convey a depth of emotion that Yunjin couldn't ignore. Despite her own tipsy state, Yunjin found herself unable to look away from the younger girl, who was pouring her heart into the song.

Unbeknownst to Y/N, Yunjin's thoughts raced as she watched, trying to understand the meaning behind the heartfelt performance. The alcohol had blurred her senses somewhat, making it challenging to process the words Y/N had spoken earlier. But in that moment, as Y/N sang with such intensity, Yunjin couldn't help but feel a connection between them, one that went beyond mere friendship

"Because I'm pretty when I cry~"

As Y/N poured her heart into the song, an unexpected wave of nausea crashed over her like a thunderous wave. The notes she had been singing turned into a choking sensation in her throat. Without a moment's hesitation, she abandoned the microphone and fled to the bathroom, the echoes of her abrupt exit reverberating through the room.

Yunjin, her concern growing with each passing second, couldn't ignore the younger girl's distress. She swiftly followed, her footsteps echoing with worry as she trailed behind Y/N, her thoughts racing to understand what had just transpired.

Yunjin's POV

"BLURGGHHHH!!" The unsettling sound of Y/N retching reached my ears as I drew closer to the bathroom door.

Without hesitation, I made a quick dash to the kitchen, the sound of my footsteps echoing through the stillness. I grabbed a glass and filled it with cool, refreshing water, hoping it would help Y/N to sober up. With the glass in hand, I retraced my steps back to the bathroom, where I found Y/N on the floor, looking pale and disoriented.

I knelt down beside her and offered the glass with a gentle smile. "Y/N, here,drink this."

"Kazuha? I can't handle any more alcohol." for a brief moment, Y/N's dazed eyes mistook me for Kazuha.