02 - Hair, Clothes, Everything.

PICTURE OF PEYTON IN THE SIDEBAR

__________________________________________

The following day I put on some shorts and walked outside, my hood was up to conceal my identity. Dillon was with some friends but was going to be home any minute so I was careful. I walked down to the end of the street and sure enough, there was Jace in the front seat with a girl laughing to what he was saying.

“There’s my girl,” Jace smirked over at me and I climbed in back. The girl turned around and tsked when she saw me.

“Take off your hood,” She ordered and I did what I was told. She studied me and at the same time, I studied her.

She has the same eyes as Jace but her hair was way darker. I can’t tell if it’s dyed or natural, she has the same facial structure as her brother but nothing else was the same.

“Okay, so I’m thinking getting her hair done and she needs a whole new wardrobe to match the girls that you go out with.” She scowled at her brother. “This might be a lot and I don’t know who’s paying.”

“I am,” After all… this is benefiting me. “What do you mean hair being done? Like a haircut or—“

“We’re dying your hair red, it’ll make you stand out and it will look adorable on you.” Cara laughed and started driving the road to the mall.

My eyes widened, “I don’t want to be a ginger!”

When I was in elementary school, there was this girl who had red hair. Some reds are pretty but this girl had orange like a carrot hair.Everyone made fun of her for it and ever since then I haven’t liked the color.

Cara looked at me from the mirror, “Not ginger honey… Maroon is what I mean.”

I was about to argue more but Jace sent me a look that said no. I sighed and slumped into my seat. This wasn’t going to be fun. The term ‘hothead’ is going to affect me now.

As soon as we got to the mall, we went inside a store that had some revealing clothes.

“I’m not going to be a slut next year,” I huffed out and Cara sighed.

“Peyton is it?” Cara said with hands on her hips. “My brother told me your story and quite frankly, I’m not surprised your boyfriend cheated on you.” My mouth opened in surprise. “You’re gorgeous but from what I’m seeing now, you like to hold it in.” She wiggled the oversized hoodie I wore. “We’re going to get you clothes that will give you confidence and also make you look hot. I won’t force you to wear something that has your boobs hanging out but it will be more showy than what you’re wearing now.”

I nodded in agreement and she smiled. She started going through some racks and threw clothes at Jace and I. She then ordered me to try every last bit of clothing and decided what I should buy.

I admit, some of the clothes looked pretty good but others made me blush when I came out.

“Whoa, I didn’t know you have curves!” Jace said when I walked out in a dress. I rolled my eyes and waited until Cara said yes to try on another article of clothing.

By the time we were done with the shopping part, we each have two bags full of clothes. We then headed to the salon to get my hair done.

This was the part I have been dreading. Red hair? Isn’t that a bit extreme? Regardless, if it doesn’t turn out I can always dye it again. Cara spoke to the person doing my hair and told her what I wanted done. She nodded and we did all the washing then cutting.

Then the hair dye came out.

“Say goodbye to boring brown,” Cara smirked from where she sat with her younger brother.