07 - One Of A Kind

PICTURE OF LAUREN IN SIDEBAR! :) She's portrayed by Skyler Samuels...

Also, there's a dance there too :)

Thank you to everyone that's reading this story, it means a lot that someone likes my work :)

__________________________________________

I stood there anxiously while I looked down at the knee socks, spandex, and a off the shoulder shirt that everyone else—besides the guys—was wearing on the dance team.

I felt someone touch me and I jumped before realizing it was Alyssa.

“Relax, you’re a great dancer. Nothing will go wrong,” she encouraged and I took a deep breath.

The cheerleaders walked out into the middle of the gym where everything was being presented in the pep assembly. I noticed Kayla with her skirt higher than all the others as the song ‘Milkshakes’ came on.

I rolled my eyes as she smirked at me while shaking her ass. During the middle of the routine, she stopped going along with it and grabbed Sean from where the soccer players were sitting. He paled, as she basically started dry humping him in the middle of the gym. Guys from all around the room wolf whistled and the whole time Kayla was looking at me.

“That slut…” Alyssa muttered. “She’s rubbing it in your face. Does anyone know if Melissa is here?”

Melissa isn’t a teacher at the school. She’s just one of those coaches that comes to help out for free and she loves doing it.

“No, she said that she wouldn’t be here to watch since she’s taking her cat to the vet.” Someone said.

Alyssa smiled, “Everyone! Gather around, we have a few changes.”

Within ten minutes of the cheer routine being over, Alyssa had explained the ‘new’ routine and everyone loved it… except me.

“Come on Peyton! This is going to be great.”

“Yeah, for everyone else but me. This will be so embarrassing…”

“And now we have our Hillcrest High dance team!” The student body president said into the microphone and everyone started hooting.

We walked out into the middle of the dance floor and I stood in the middle now. The song ‘Girlfriend’ came on and we started the routine as it originally was.

Halfway through, the team started clapping and five of us went to the boy’s soccer team to grab one guy to come dance with us. Unfortunately, I was one of those people and Alyssa told me to specifically grab Jace.

“Shit, do I have to?” He muttered.

My eyes widened, “I don’t have a choice.”

We lined them up a few feet from the five of us. I noticed Sean sulking in his seat on the bench and smiled.

The guys looked nervous to be up there and I realized that Alyssa had chosen my brother. She winked at me then my mind focused on the routine.

Stutter step forward, arms waved, kick, roll of the body, little leap and slide legs back… 5, 6, 7, 8.

Then came the big finale. The other girls brought their guys a little to the side leaving Jace and I in the middle with the other dancers in back. Everyone was in sync then at the very ending I pressed Jace’s face closer to mine and his hands immediately went to my waist. I smirked at him at the exact moment the music ended and wolf whistled were heard all around.

I winked at Jace and pulled away from his grip. He looked disappointed for a moment before bowing to the audience. I laughed and pushed him back to where he was supposed to be sitting with his team. I walked off with my own and Alyssa tackled me with a bear hug.