11 - Aftermath

Dedicated to smileyfacepie for the AMAZING song recommendation in the sidebar. It goes with this story perfectly!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE NEW COVER? I don't know how to feel about it....

______________________________________________

“Holy crap…” I ran a hand through my red hair as I took in the destruction of last night.

            Food was everywhere as was garbage. Articles of clothing lay around the entire house and there were people sleeping at awkward angles too. There were a horrible smell and a mysterious looking liquid on the floor but I didn’t think it was a drink upon a million other things.

            And that was just the living room.

            I walked outside to see the entire house tepee’d and forked. There were indeed people lying on the roof but unlike last time they were naked. I scowled and walked up the stairs opening all the doors as I did. There were literally couples sleeping in every bedroom but when I opened Dillon’s room he was alone with the pole leaning but his bedside.

            Jace gave me a small smile as I stomped to the cabinet and grabbed the air horn. I stood in the middle of the entryway and held it up in the air as the shrill noise echoed throughout the big house. People grunted and told me to turn it off but I didn’t until I was sure everyone was awake.

            “It’s either you get the hell out of my house or you’re going to be cleaning with us,” I yelled and people desperately scrambled out, most with their clothes in hands. After a few seconds everyone was out except a shirtless Dillon walking down the stairs and us.

            “I had the craziest dream… I was in Vegas as a pole dancer.” My brother opened his eyes wider when he was close enough to us. “Damn! What happened to your cheek and his nose?”

            My lips pressed into a hard line but Jace spoke up, “Sean punched both of us.”

            Dillon’s hand clenched, “I’m going to go hurt—“

            “You already did,” I said slowly. Was he really that drunk last night?

            He rubbed his head in confusion, “Where’s that fucking pole?”

            I laughed as he went up the stairs with the same dazed look that I see almost every day. I looked at Jace with a hopeful expression, “Do you want to help clean?”

            He smiled and rumpled my hair. “Fine, but we’re going to make this fun.”   

            I tossed him a garbage bag as he turned on the radio. The sound system that Dillon had put up for the party echoed the station he turned on as we started picking up all the crap people have left behind. I laughed as Jace spun around and threw a can at me as I held open my bag.

            Things were different with Jace than how they were with Sean. When I was with the cheater I always felt like I needed to prove myself to everyone. I had to work to be his girlfriend but with Jace I don’t. It’s fun and I can actually enjoy it even though this was all not real.

            Maybe after this whole ‘relationship’ is over I’ll find a real guy just like how Jace is and we’ll be High School sweethearts. Yeah, that sounds nice.

            I smiled to myself and went outside to start picking the toilet paper out of the trees. I hummed to myself, as I made sure I got all of it.