24 - Disappear

Dedicated to Little_Cyndi for making the beautiful cover in the sidebar :)

IMPORTANT:

Before anyone gets too pissed about this upload, I was rushed. Do you guys not understand me when I say that I'm SUPER busy? No, I'm not mad about the 'please update' comments because those don't bother me. The ones that DO bother me are when they say 'you better update or I'm going to take your story off of my library. This is ridiculous, you shouldn't have us hanging. I hate you.' Yeah, I really got that message over PM. So if you guys want a high-quality update that is worth reading, don't be a bitch to me because you'll get it right back.

But other than that, I hope you guys do understand that I love you all (the nice fans) and I won't quit just because this is a really busy time for me. Please continue reading this story because some MAJOR things are going to happen soon! :)

___________________________________________________________________

The pounding music from Dillon’s birthday party made it impossible for me to fall asleep. I, of course, was trapped in my room because I refused to show my face when it’s not absolutely necessary. I hate the kids at my school but I know that they hate me even more. Well, they hate the person that they think that I am. They hate the person that Kayla made up and who Lindsay proved with that video sent around.

            I groaned and continued watching the really bad, old television shows that only showed up in the middle of the night but I could barely hear it and watched the overacted motions of the screen. With a huge sigh, I shook a little because I really needed to pee but I couldn’t leave my room without the possibility of being spotted. Plus I’m in my pajamas. I don’t think I want to go out there.

             But oh, did I need to pee.

            I groaned for a second time in the past minute or so and walked over to my door then stopped. I put my ear to it but the only thing I could hear was the pounding of the music. Does that mean that no one is out there if I couldn’t hear talking? Deciding to take the risk, I ran out of my room without closing the door first and went straight for the bathroom. After doing my thing, I walked more casually yet still on alert to my room but when I heard some giggling on the stairs, I moved quicker and then gasped when I saw what was awaiting me.

            A note. Only one word was written on my mirror in lipstick with a kiss by it. Seriously couldn’t they had used something less cliché and trashy? Regardless, the ‘slut’ marked into my personal item hit a rough patch in my heart and silent tears fell. I went to go close my door to go back to my personal hell when someone stopped it with his or her foot. I watched as Kayla stepped into my room with a huge smirk on her face and her followers, including Lindsay, behind her as always.

            “Like our message?” She sneered then laughed long and hard as she took in my broken appearance. “Man, this is good. I’m loving this way too much.”

            “Why do you hate me?” My voice cracked and I wrapped one arm around my torso while the other reached up to whip away the tears. “I’ve never done anything to you.”

            She actually seemed to falter for a moment but then continued her facade. “Think back in time, Peyton. You’ll probably remember something because I sure can.”

            “Hey, what’s going on here?”

            I halfway expected Jace or Dillon to come out of nowhere but who I didn’t expect was Chase, one of the guys on the dance team who I actually get along with. Well, did get along with before this drama. I haven’t been to practice so I don’t know how everyone there is going to treat me. The usual smile on his face was still there but as soon as he saw Kayla standing defiantly, me crying, and the ‘slut’ written on my mirror, the grin left.