12 - The Kiss

Picture of the new cast characters in the sidebar! Thanks for ALL the help! :) It means a lot. I couldn't find a lot of pictures for Dillon either so there's a video in the sidebar with him in it, he's the guy in the middle aka the singer... ;)

____________________________________________________

I was stunned for a moment before I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him passionately back. It was as if the whole Kayla thing didn’t even happen and we should be together again. I pulled back to whisper that my relationship with Jace was a fraud and that it was just to make him jealous. He pushed some hair out of my face to resume kissing me again.

            No, I’m just kidding. I’m not that weak.

            I really pushed him away with a fake scowl. “I’m with Jace!” I screamed at him.

            “But Peyton, I love you—“

            “If you really loved me then you wouldn’t have cheated on me,” And with that last sentence, I walked out of the closet.

            I took a shallow breath before practically sprinting down the halls to get to my next class. Jace wasn’t there because he had some meeting but Dillon was so I took a seat with him. He smiled at me once before talking about the party to his friends.

            I didn’t focus at all in that class. Halfway through it, Jace walked in and took the seat next to mine but didn’t speak to me. Should I tell him about the surprise kiss? Sean wasn’t there for the entire period so I was in the clear… For now anyways. 

            When the bell rang, I got my stuff in silence and let Jace walk me to class.

            “What’s wrong?” He asked while rubbing circles on my palm.

            I bit my lip and shook my head. Why did I feel like I cheated on him? “Can we sit with my friends at lunch today?” I asked him.

            He thought about it before shaking his head, “No… I have a special place in mind for today.”

            I didn’t say anything as I walked into class and sat next to Lauren, Molly, and some other friends of mine. They chatted away about some show that I didn’t watch and completely ignored the fact that I was there. I didn’t mind though, I just wished that I could get my mind off that stupid kiss…

            I brushed my hair out of my face as I gathered my stuff after the class before lunch ended. Jace met me at the door as always but instead of walking to the cafeteria, he led me out the doors of the school and down to the field.

            “Where are we going?” I asked him carefully as he led me past some football players that were tackling each other.

            “I know this place where we will be having lunch,” He said as he brought me through some tall grass. “I think you’ll like it.”

            We cleared the tall grass and I saw a little garden. I smiled and stepped out into the clean cut grass before looking at Jace.

            “This is where the garden club does their thing.” He said while looking around in wonder, “I thought we could have a little picnic down here.”

            I wrapped my arms around him and he hugged me back for a few seconds before I broke it.

            “Jace, this is amazing.” I continued looking at the small, delicate plants while he put down a blanket and got food out that he must’ve skipped class to buy.