36 - Paradise

PLEASE READ!

Until like May 20th, I will be taking a break from writing due to a huge AP test  coming up that I really need to study for and 'job' training. It's not that I hate writing or anything but education definitely comes before Wattpad.

I hope you all understand! :)

__________________________

“Okay, you’re in the clear. Just take it easy.”

I just stared at my doctor and waited for him to say, ‘Just kidding! You’re leg is never getting better!’ but it never happened so I got excited.

“So I can dance?”

“If you take it carefully—“

“But I can dance.”

Doctor Hunt smiled and patted my knee. “Yes, Peyton. But promise me you’re not going to go burning down sheds anytime soon.”

I gave him a nervous laugh and looked down, “I can definitely promise you that…”

I actually got to drive myself home that day. With my no-longer-broken leg, I was able to push on the gas pedal with ease.

Dancing. I was finally able to do it again after a few excruciating months of doing nothing. But like my doctor advised me, I promised to take it easy. After all this time away from it I had one thought that ran through my mind the entire way home.

What if I can’t dance now?

I don’t mean like I can’t move my feet but rather what is I’m horrible? What if my knee still makes it hard and it will be like that forever? Now I was actually really scared about getting back into it.

Only a few days have passed since the pool incident. Things were… fine, I guess, with Jace. It wasn’t awkward, there weren’t anymore almost-kissing incidents, and we were practically friends. Now Dillon on the other hand… He keeps making innuendos about Jace and I whenever a good opportunity pops up.

School was probably the biggest thing that had changed. Lindsay and Kayla were no longer friends due to the whole Jace-confessing thing. Apparently Lindsay was mad that Kayla never told her then Kayla basically screamed at her that all of it had gotten out courtesy of her.

People weren’t as fake around me and gave me genuine smiles whenever they’d see me in the hallway. To them, I was just a girl who paid deeply for the affects of rumors. Since then I haven’t heard one bad thing said about me.

Kayla and Jace on the other hand…

They got hate and took it with their heads high.

When I got home I practically skipped to my front door, happy that I was finally able to do something like that. Now that’s I’m cured I need to get back in shape so I can hopefully participate in the dance competition before winter break in a few weeks.

I got inside and did a little twirl when I saw my dance studio welcoming me in. But first things first: It’s time to get ready for the carnival.

Every year around this time my town holds its annual carnival where there is dancing, games, and stuff like that. Truthfully, it’s pretty lame but if you’re able to cut loose and act like a kid again then it’s a lot of fun. And because I don’t really have friends, I’m going with Dillon and his pals…. Including Jace.

Nothing matters though because I’m in such a good mood now. Nothing was going to bring me down.

After a quick dinner, I slipped into some jeans that actually complimented my figure because I didn’t have to worry about the cast anymore. With a jacket on as well, I met Dillon in the kitchen before we set off for the carnival.