PART 5 : I'LL BE FINE

Life seems like a sweet little poetry at one's happy place and a overly long monotonous book at one's contrary. My life is mixed between the two. Sometimes I am just too happy with the things and the beauty around me that I just want to sit down and cherish it all and at the other times it reminds me of my responsibilities and my aspirations that make me feel guilty for sitting down and enjoying my life a little bit.

Yesterday was a happy dinner event. We enjoyed a lot. I enjoyed overtime and couldn't complete my goals for which I feel likewise.

No he didn't turn up to the dinner. He was informed at last hour and obviously he was busy. Aashna Di was a bit mad over us for not inviting him earlier.  For me, I feel it's fine. He's not a close family member plus he is a big person here plus he must be having his own reservations. Whatever might be the case, he didn't turn up and I couldn't get a chance to ask about the application for the librarian.

I've just got ready for work and I have dressed myself a little too formal today since I might go for the interview today. I am wearing V-neck shaped full sleeved satin pure white shirt with a pair or formal one line trousers. Hope I am not looking top formal for this town. I go out my home and I can see eyes turning towards me. My relatives must be wondering what sort of an IAS worth job have I just got. Well whatever. As long as this might help me with the interview and getting some affirmations, it's all worth it.

I reach the entrance gate of the library. I sometimes feel like this place is too good to be in here. I am getting some sort of Londony vibe too. This man went for higher education in London so this kind of makes sense. This library more or less looks a bit similar to the New York Public Library obviously not the replica but might have drawn some inspirations from it.

I expect people to appreciate this piece of beauty and go out there and dive into the world of books and knowledge. Nothing is better than books, nothing. They will always be our sweet little friends and for readers like me, they are an escape from the reality going around which is why I feel like we readers are most of the times intoxicated, intoxicated with the words and the world that we create. Since I had the breakup, I feel myself getting more drawn to these books afterall they make me feel a little less about the worldly sadness.

I'm waiting in the hallway before the office. There is a good number of people. Most of them are dressed in formals to my surprise. Some of them seem a bit nervous too. I go to register myself I'm the first floor library. There's a men behind the table making people fill up the forms. I go to him and fill mine.
"Wait for your turn, your number is 4698" he says
"Thankyou" I reply. I wish my turn gets here before 12 so that I can get to the NGO on time.

"Registration number 4698, this is your turn" shouts the woman standing there holding the door of the office. Finally, after 30 minutes they are calling me in. I enter inside.

"May I come in sir?" I Ask
" Do come in." replies Vihaan. He is sitting with two other members all looking towards me. From the looks of it, Vihaan has recognised me. He looks curious.
"Good morning sir. This is my Resume." I say. They take my resume and start checking it out.
"Why have you decided to take this job. Also aren't you already working for the NGO?" asks Vihaan looking straight at me. His face is too serious sometimes like of those hard-core professors in college who are really tough while giving marks.
" Yes sirerr." Shit, stop getting nervous Anika. "Sirr, I am looking for the job for the night shift that's from 6-12. Sir I feel working in a library is a dream that I never saw but now that I see a slightest possibility of it, I don't want to let go of it. As for this library, the last time I had a visit I checked it out thoroughly. I am really good at organising and memorising the things and their respective places. I really like this place and the calmness and the peace this offers. I really feel like working at this place can give me the peace I've been looking for few years now.

"Well, we are not looking for somebody's personal interests to get fulfilled. What can you offer to this place. Are you Well read in English and Hindi both? Do you understand the importance of libraries?" asks the other women sitting right beside Vihaan.

"Ma'am I think I can completely fulfill the requirements of what your library is looking for. Yes ma'am, I am very well read both in English and Hindi. As for the importance of library, I am from the class of people who cherish the places like library, loves getting lost in the world of words and above all feel the need for everyone to look at these books and give them a read and understand that reading books is none less than a therapy. I can work well to maintain the peace and calmness desired in a library and to balance the seriousness and excitement one needs in order to read the books". I say quite confidently.

"Well, if that's the case, we are currently hiring on a trial basis right now of two days. If you can prove your competency, we will hire you full time. But in order to come to that, we need to check everybody's qualifications. But If you are lucky for the trial, we'll give you a call by 10:00 p.m." Says Vihaan a little warmer this time.

I feel like I did quite well. Well, I should be running to the NGO now. But why do I feel so anxious. Not like I really wanted to get this job but still if I will get it, this would be my first ever. I need to share it with my father right now.
"Hello Papa. I went for the interview. It turned out pretty good. Let's see what the results will be" I say
" oh that's very nice beta. Wish you all the very best." replies Papa. We go on for 2o minutes after that.