PART 2: NOT SO SOFT MAN, NOT SO SOFT

All of my girls go ahead to eat some mouthwatering golgappes, chaat, dosas, faluda, jalebi, pizza, pasta and oh my god what not. I stayed empty all day to eat but not this heavy yellow lehenga just won't let me. I ate as much as I could and then we were talking, chatting and doing every girlish thing we possibly could.

People were asking my parents if I could get through my preliminary exam this year and I just got so sick at a point like can't I breathe for just one day. And why do these people care so much. It was my second attempt this year and I couldn't clear it. The heaviness is still inside of me but all the optimism seems to fade away as more and more people are talking about it. My parents should have just stayed mum about it.

Well, I know these cousins of mine are also not godlike. They must be wondering why have I decided to work in an NGO + a small earning internship. Yes I know that's not what most of the 22 year olds prefer to do but I like it. And I have heard and read zillions of times that let the world say what they want to, one should never let it affect their true wants and passions.

Kabir bhaiya calls us while he and other were sitting around a table and were laughing about something. "So hello sisters, meet Vihaan. He is a friend of mine and son of Vikram Uncle you all must know of" informs Kabir bhaiya.

Everyone in Devaria knows who Vikram uncle is. He became an orphan at just 5 and later went in his teenage to Delhi to build his career and now he is a millionaire or billionaire or whatever as he is the owner of " The Grand Regalia" having its five star branches in almost all metropolitan cities of India and abroad.

I can feel the girls in shock and excitement at the same time. Everyone must be thinking thousand of things like how he must be collectively holding the amount of money our households earn. And it's not even something sexist because not just one gender but all the genders present here must be calculating his wealth which is a small secret obsession of us small townies.

I can see girls changing their hair sides and voices while men trying to sit more decently and more tough which was tempting me to laugh too hard but I just couldn't.

From his looks, Vihaan can literally pull off number of girls with his looks alone as he is looking quite groovy in his Black Shirt and trousers if that's what they are called. He has a gentle voice and talks too mature. But If talking about just looks, we all look decent too. I wonder what is he thinking since we all have declared him a rare specie in unison.

"Chalo Chalo introduce yourself girls" says saksham bhaiya. Sanjana, Vartika, Smita, Rishita, Anshika, Khusboo, Aparna, Vaidehi, Kavya, Kalpana
"Hello, I am Vartika and I am Anjali di's sister" says Vartika Di.
"Hi Vartika. Pleasure to meet you. I would like to know more about all of you since I am planning to hold a number of things in this city with help of you all. Please introduce me with what all are you doing as well". Says Vihaan

Well I am quite surprised by the interest he's showing and this function doesn't look like a burden free place anymore since we all should be giving interview to the majesty. I am too sad with the pcs result I got today that I can't keep calm.

"I am currently in 2nd year of BMS" says Vartika Di just giving a statement of extra information which I am considering real badass.

"That's great" says Vihaan

"I am Sanjana and I am 24 years old and I am currently in my third year of my MBBS. Nice to meet you Vihaan" says Sanjana Di.

"Oh hey Sanjana nice to meet you too" says the impressed Vihaan.

"HI I am Vaidehi and I am currently studying in 5th standard in All saints school. My hobbies are singing,dancing, reading and acting. I love to do my makeup and I got dressed today all by myself. My favourite colour is pink and Black which is why I like blackpink a lot too. Nice to meet you Vihaan Bhaiya" says cute Vaidehi.

"Hahaha that's one of the best talk I had in the entire day. I am glad to meet you too dear Vaidehi. Would like to have more one on one with you." Says our  charming Vihaan again.

" Hi I am Rishita and I am in class 9th. I am an introvert" says Rishita

" Oh hi Rishita I so get you girl." Says Vihaan

" Hi I am Aashna. This is my fifth year in MBBS and I am 25. I like Vaidehi like to dance too haha " says Aashna Di

" Hey Aashna such a beautiful name. You look pretty and I am glad how most of you want to be doctors. I respect and my salute to that." says Vihaan

Aashna Di blushes so hard everyone could see it.

" Hi I am Kavya and I am currently in my class 12th so yess it's a board year so I have nothing much to tell. I am Aashna Di's sister" says Kavya

" Hi I am Kalpana. This is my first year in IIT Kanpur. I am currently studying computer science from there. I am 23. Nice to meet you" says Kalpana Di.

"That's impressive girl. Really really proud of you keep it up. Didn't know there are so many bright minds in here" says Vihaan.

"Hi I am Anshika. I am 26 and I am wife of Krishant ji. Nice to meet you Vihaan"  says Anshika Bhabhi

" ohheeyy Krishant. What a beautiful wife you got man. Very happy to meet you bhabhi ji" says the cool Vihaan.

Oh is it my turn. What should I say? Damn.
"Urm Hey I am Anika and I am 21. I really like to read. Nice to meet you Vihaan" I say anxiously.

" Hey Anika how are you and what are you currently doing?" Asks Vihaan with a raised eyebrow.  Oh god why is he so bothered with everyone's doings.

"Urm I am currently doing my Masters in Political Science. Plus I am also preparing for some national exams." I say calmly.

" And the national exams is a long term for UPSC, is it?" asks Vihaan

" Yes and other exams too" I say

" Oh to whom are you kidding. What other exams are you trying to imply upon may I ask" Asks Vihaan. Why is he so bitter about it gosh.

" there are many exams one can give. I can tell you about it later with elaboration" I reply

" Oh well okay Nice to meet you Anika" says Vihaan with a side-eye.

" Hi I am Geeta and I am currently in class 8th. I want to be a businesswoman some day." Says Geeta

" nice to meet you Geeta. Well Kapil, I am so impressed after meeting this small circle and the fact everyone of them is so ambitious and hopeful. As far as I can see one should be optimistic and scopes are increasing in every stream and background today. Let it be Games or arts for that matter." Says Vihaan. What does he really think of himself. He himself is some spoiled rich brat and expecting it coming from someone who doesn't study sounds alright for some time but why is he so pessimistic about my career choice man.

"What do you mean arts for that matter? " I can't hold myself anymore. I am clearly not happy with his behaviour.

" you know what I mean Anika if I remember correctly. " Says Vihaan

" Yes arts background really doesn't have much scope. But Anika is an intelligent girl she can bring some scope to the subject." says Krishant bhaiya which doesn't help me at all.

" Well one must not dare to give opinions if one has not educated oneself on such matters properly I believe. It's ironical how one can keep his head high in demoralizing a whole stream which keeps the humanity alive tbh." I say loud and clear. Why do I feel so angry. Why can I not realise that this is a normal function and I am supposed to be calm here especially after failing on my prelims. I just need to go out from here so I go on to find washroom not to cry but to keep my head cool. I end up crying later. This guy is not some greek god I really thought he was 10 minutes ago. He is a spoiled rich brat. Period.