PART 7 : MESS AT WORK

I told my father about the job offers. I finally concluded on the part of becoming a librarian as the NGO has enough teachers for now and I won't stop making visits there from time to time. The guilt of leaving NGO is there but I reassure myself that I can do a lot of social service in other ways in my future. I just want to do this because I know in all my life to come, I will never be able to become a librarian later on. Also, it's a thing of just two months.

I wake up at 6 today morning since I have to cover up a lot for today. I start my study sessions and make a new time table for myself. I complete my session at exact 4:30p.m. and head on to get ready for library. To be honest, I am very excited today. I get ready and my father is there to leave me to the library. He will go back to home today since he has a lot of business to do. I wave him a happy bye and move on for this new experience.

I take a picture of the library with a vintage mode and move on to the second floor. Luckily, I have got the second floor to work into and I low-key also wanted it too. I reach the gate and knock at it two times.

"Come In". I hear Vihaan's voice.
I open the door and there he is working on something in the big table he has laid out for himself in the library. He looks up at me and pass a smile.
"Good evening Sir." I say to him.
"Hey good evening. You are early. Well this is my manager Abhi. He will show you your table and the various sections of this library. Your shift will go on until 12 like I already informed you. Good luck." Says Vihaan and goes back to something on his computer. Some more information would have been nice but no worries.

"Hello Anika." He leads me straight to a desk near to the main gate. The desk is neatly organised with a telephone and a computer system. I like it clean. "Here's your desk. We maintain digital records of the library. All the instructions and guidelines are mentioned in this pdf on the desktop. Give it a read and you are good to go." Says Abhi while passing a weak smile.
"Thankyou:)" I reply.
"We have a library cafe on the first floor. Anything you need will be available there. Also, free access to coffee,tea and cookies for you." He says while going out the door in a rush.
"Oh thankyou" a library cafe. Merlin's beard. I am delighted.

I start taking a look at the beautiful view in front of my eyes. Everything's so neatly organised. The warm yellow lights of the library are very well complimenting the wooden set up of the whole library giving it a classy yet chic look. This is such a treat to my eyes. The quietness, the calm, the peace present in here fails to make me behave straight. I feel like butterflies roaming all through my body. It's just a new experience. It's the result of being in a room from last two years that I feel awestruck by this beauty that others even fail to notice. The books are set so neatly in the shelves up to the wall. I turn my head to the left and I catch Vihaan staring at me.

Shit. I should stop acting like a recently bailed prisoner out of a cell breathing fresh air. I turn left again to pass a smile but he's back to work now. I don't know if the library theme makes him look hot or if he was actually that hot until now. He's typing something on the keyboard with his rolled up sleeves and with such focus he's looking more eye catching. And yea he's looking here again. What should I do? I pass him a way-too wide smile to which he replies with a affirmatory smile and a side eye. I should stop acting like a maniac and make him regret it choices. Just act like an elegant girl Anika, you can do this.

I go back to work. The crowd at night is almost next to nothing yet they are paying me good I wonder. I see Vihaan leaving his giant table at 8:00 p.m. He waves a weak bye. I feel a bit sleepy now. It's 9:30p.m. I had a light dinner. Now I feel like I can bring my study material here and resume my study sessions here. It's way too peaceful and equivalent to being a normal reader here. I start watching videos on youtube. General knowledge, stand up, ASMRs..................................