PART 30: THE NGO LESSON

I put on a Red kurti and Black pants today since I will go to the NGO today for my pending lesson. I love going there every week. I have made some crazy child friends as well. They all are fun to talk and I get to learn a lot from them too.

I hurry myself to the NGO school nearby the library. Today, some sort of function is also scheduled there of which I had no idea about. There are decorative paper feathers hanged everywhere in the school and balloons sticked on the walls. I go towards the big field in front of the school where I notice a small function is taking place. Vihaan is scribbling something on the blackboard and speaking of something and all the children are sitting on the mats on the ground itself.

The weather is quite cold and sound today which reminds me of fresh spring season. I love weather like these. Calm and fresh with clean air everywhere. I see all the classes are empty since everyone is listening to Vihaan's special lecture.

I go near the function and stand beside Madhuri ma'am who teaches basic science to the students. I smile at her and stand there quietly. Vihaan takes a quick look at me and continues his speech.

" So my dear friends, today like I said we all are here as friends even me. Consider my advises and lessons very friendly. I love you all so very much and I want you all to not just learn a number of few subjects and segregate yourselves as students of mathematics, sciences or humanities for that matter like the whole world is doing. But what I want from all of you is a sweet mixture. A human being was never made to study only maths, only science, only business or only arts. But instead, he was made to adapt to each and every subject and yes that's completely okay if you have a greater interest in one or two."

" Cutting everything short, what I mean is we all are supposed to love each and everything. As Oscar Wilde once said," It takes a great courage to see the world in all its tainted glory and still to love it." Some subjects might appear hard to one but very easy to another. The same way we encounter situations in life where some are very sweet but some are extremely hard to accept. But the only option that we can ever have is to accept it and then to still love it. It sounds so easy but very hard to understand. Each passing day, people go through very hard situations in their lives like losing a loved ones. Does the world stop for them? Does it." He stops for the answer and bend down a little.

At this moment, I realise how engrossed I am in his lecture. I straighten my back up. All the children says " NO" in unison.

" Right. But somewhere we feel like oh it's the end of the world for us. But some people take it as a last chance for them to grow and some just simply slide down in depression with having no hope for life. Whom do you think is right here?" He stops again.

" The one who grows." Some Children says loudly.

" Ahhh no that's the catch. No one's right or wrong here. That's just life. Sometimes our situations get so low, that people can't just take the situation in the right manner and they fall in depression. Should we blame them for it? No. But instead what do we actually do. We blame them for going down. We take them as examples of failure. We treat them as weak and less courageous. And that attitude from the society my friends even worsens the situation of that one person."

" That one person can be anyone. You, your friend, your enemy or maybe someone from your family. One helping hand can help that drowning man to catch a straw. So that is what I am trying to teach you here. Empathy. It might sound like just one word but if you adapt that in your personality my friends, you are already one step ahead of those who don't know it. So now, I don't want to hear anymore bullying cases here because frankly speaking, that might put you in a lot of trouble. I don't tolerate bullying or violence. That's the rule number 1 of my NGO." He finishes.