je t'aime

His blue eyes brimmed with tears. He shook his head.

I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. I knew he didn't love me back. I turned away, refusing to show how much I cared for him.

He was my everything. I felt hot tears stream down my face. Now, I knew what was love, and what was heartbreak. It felt like I was being stabbed in the heart a thousand times. My love for him was infinite. I loved everything in him. I remember the first day I saw him, it was a day graved in my memory. I've never been anything more than the new girl who constantly changes schools. When I walked into the halls of my new school, I saw him.

Or rather, literally fell into his arms being the clumsy idiot I was. 

His breathtakingly beautiful eyes met mine. I was shocked, because his eyes were full of hurt and pain. He was broken. He was in pain. I was determined to take it all away. And I succeeded. And in the process, I've fallen for him. It all started when his eyes met mine. I've always been afraid of falling in love. What was love to me?

A disease.

I've seen what love does to people. It did nothing but break them. It only hurt them. I knew love was dangerous. But I was willing to take the risk. And now I regretted it.

He wrapped his strong arms around me.

Safe, that was how I felt.

His hands gently lift my head up. He wiped my tears away, yet that didn't stop them from coming back.

I was waiting.

Waiting for him to say he doesn't care. Waiting for him to say that he didn't and never loved me. Instead, he mouthed three words, that mended my heart.

Three words, said so many times in movies.

I nodded and answered: " I love you more."

He softly shook his head. I didn't understand what was going on. Then, he did the most extraordinary thing. He spoke. His voice was deep, and perfect. Like beautiful music in my ears.

" I love you more than anything in this world. You're beautiful, perfect to me, in every way. Ti amo mi princesa, je t'aime, I love you Lena Rose Winter, I love you."  

And in that moment, where he sappily, yet quite horribly, admitted being in love in three different languages, I felt loved.

No.

We felt loved.