5.Turn Of Events.

"You will get lost before finding the right path."

***

Lena Rose Winter

"Oh, baby girl! You look gorgeous! Now, turn around, you should see how beautiful you look like right now! That guy, Marcus is going to melt at your sight!" exclaimed Mom dramatically.

I've been sitting in this chair for almost 2 hours, getting "pampered" up for my date by my mom. I stopped bothering to correct her way of saying my date's name.

I loved her style and everything, but sometimes she over did it.

I stood up, and turned around to face myself in the mirror. I gasped, then smiled at my reflection.

My hair was in loose curls, framing my face. A white bow gave it a sweet, innocent look. Other than eyeliner, that made my eyes pop, strawberry gloss, and faint blush, there was no over-doing in my makeup.

I was wearing a pale, pink, strapless dress that reached my knees. It was simple, flowy and comfy. My definition of perfect. Luckily, my mom lend me her black high heels. To top it all, my mom placed a gorgeous necklace on me, she whispered: "Family tradition," then winked.

I looked beautiful and I felt beautiful. I placed a grateful kiss of my mom's cheek.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're the best!"

My mom hugged me and suddenly turned serious: "Be careful. Take the pepper spray with you, just in case,"

I started laughing hysterically, and answered: "Mom, we're just going to a restaurant and watching a movie."

"Still. Who knows what's on boys' minds these days? Let's hope that Marcus is a good guy," she warned me pointing her finger in my face.

"Mark, Mom. It's Mark."

She rolled her eyes and muttered something about weird boy names. She walked out and closed the door. I could hear her humming the "Barney" theme song.

Well, she's my mom, so that explains why I'm weird.

I took a peek at the bedroom clock, it displayed 7:00 sharp. Mark's supposed to be here.

Tick.

Why is my tummy feel like it's being tickled from the inside?

Tock.

My tummy feels tingly.

Tick.

Why isn't he here yet?

Tock.

Would he bail on me?

Tick.

He wouldn't, would he?

Tock.

He wouldn't dare.

Tick.

Oh, yes he would.

The door bell resounded in the whole house and I jumped. "Lena! Your date is here!" My mom shouted.

Oh, tingly sensation is getting stronger. I took a last look in the mirror, and took my black Guess purse. I put my cellphone, my lip gloss, a little packet of tissues and...the pepper spray. Who knew?

I technically sprinted down the stairs, but near the end, I walked elegantly. Per say. 

Then, I saw him.