8. Different

Liam's P.O.V.

I could hear her soft snores. She fell asleep on my shoulder. The sun was almost touching the horizon. I've been laying here for what seemed like forever, admiring her beauty. Her nose twitched every once in a while. Her hair fell on her shoulders, her cheeks were faintly pink, and her lips, redder than ever. I'm no Edward Cullen, but I could stay like this for a lifetime, watching her sleep. I never moved, welcoming her warm touch, she'd been snuggling against me. I drew and I drew. I let my pencil slide on the page, filling it with drawings of her. She was like a princess. Ever so fragile. I don't know why, but when I saw her cry, I felt the need to put my arms around her and wipe her tears away. I don't know what was happening. Although, after being friendless for more than 8 years, she was the only one who ever talked to me in a nice way. I'll never be able to forget the expression on her face when she understood what I was.

A mute. A person who can't speak. No voice. Losing my voice was one of the worst things that ever happened to me. I leaned on the tree, and closed my eyes. I was so tired. I couldn't sleep. I never could anymore. I spent my nights drawing, reading and listening to Ed Sheeran. The man is a music phenomenon. I slept only 4-5 hours a day. Sometimes that was too much.

"Liam? You fell asleep? Oh god, oh god. I fell asleep," a gentle voice said, on the verge of panicking.

***

Back To Lena's P.O.V.

I was sleeping on a comfy pillow. Since when do pillows make you want to sleep even more? But mine was really soft, it was creepy. I opened my eyes, and regained memory of what happened. I feel asleep! I touched my cheek, was there any drool? I breathed a quiet sigh of relief. There was no drool. I was okay.

"Liam? You fell asleep? Oh god, oh god. I fell asleep."

His eyes were closed, and he looked so peaceful. I admired him a bit. Beautiful, was all I could think. His eyelashes were long. Maybe he wasn't sleeping? Hell, even I fell asleep. His eyes fluttered open. He smiled when he saw me. I laid my hand on my hair, self consciously. Did I really look that bad?

"Good afternoon, sleepyhead," I said, my lips tugging a bit. Look at him! He was similar to a child. Adorable.

He scribbled something on his sketchbook, then showed it to me: if anyone slept here, it was you.

I felt a blush rise to my cheeks and put my head down. Why did I have to sleep? Really.

"What time is it?" I asked, changing the subject. 

He pointed at his wrist watch, which displayed: 7:00. Oh no! My mom was going to be worried, hell, knowing my mom, she might even call the police. I got up and started jumping up and down worriedly.

"Ohmygod, mymomisgoingtofreakI'mdeadokay." I exclaimed , waving my hands all around.

He stood up and looked at me like I was a freak. He waved his hands up and down as if to say: calm down, woman. He took a deep breath and pointed at me, so I could do the same.

I imitated him, my nerves felt like a needle popped their balloon. I smiled gratefully, he bowed. I giggled a little.

Suddenly, his eyes got big, and his smile reached his ears. There was a twinkle in his eye.

"What is it? What?" I asked, intrigued. He made a twirl with his index finger. So, I turned around.

It was sunset time. In my mind, it was camera time.

"Wait! I'm going to call my mom, so she doesn't get worried." He nodded, in comprehension.

I took my phone out of my back pocket, and checked for any missed calls. None. Huh, weird.

I called my mom's cell phone. After two rings, my mum picked up.

"Lena Rose Winter, where are you?" Her shrill, voice coated with worry and fear screamed in my ear.

I winced, and brought the phone far from my ear. Liam rolled his eyes at me. When the shouting stopped, I spoke to her:

"Mother, breathe. I'm at the park, I just fell asleep," I heard a huge sigh of relief on the phone.

"Okay, okay. Good. I assume you want to stay to take pictures of the sunset?"

I grinned, my mom knew me better than anyone.

"Please?" I said, knowing her answer.

"Fine, be back by nine okay?"

"Sure, mommy, I love you!" I blew a kiss to the phone and we said our goodbyes.

Liam grinned at me, his pearly whites showing. I grabbed my camera, and ran to the empty field side of the park. The wind blowing trough my hair made me feel alive.

Liam.

I stopped running, and turned around. He was nowhere to be seen.

Someone ran past me. Oh yeah? Its on

I went to full speed, and pulled my tongue out to annoy Liam. He just smirked, a nice smirk.

Without warning, I felt myself on mud. I tripped! On a stupid rock. I felt pain shoot trough my knee. I stood up, and groaned at the sight of my sweatpants. Brown, stinky mud mixed with grass was all over them. Oh, well.

Liam rushed to my side, his eyes blazing with concern. He nodded his head in a way to say: Are you okay?

"I'm fine. Now, let's go!"

I took his hand and ran to the perfect spot. His hand was soft, and my little one fit perfectly into his large hand. It was like the last piece for a puzzle. I shook those thoughts off, and held my camera in my hands.

The sky was a mystery of colors. Red, pink, purple, orange, yellow and brown all mixed together to give the picture perfect landscape. Just gazing at it, brought a sense of tranquility. The sun was melting into the sky. I was basking in the warmth glow that illuminated the place. The sun seemed to bring a sort of dense atmosphere that felt refreshing. The night was pushing its way trough. There was a strip of grey among the fiery colors of the sun. The sun was sinking into the sapphire ocean. The horizon was turning a darker grey. With every moment that went by there was a change in color of the sky. In comparison to the soft beauty of the sun, the night was a beauty in its own way. It was more mystifying than the sunset. The night had dissolved the sun and the sky was now a midnight blue. It will be another day until the sun sets again.

I took a picture of every moment. Everything. I felt the same bubble of happiness and contentment in my heart again. I was meant to be here. Enjoying my life.

I sat on the grass and stopped taking pictures. I just stared at the sky.

What a beauty it was. I wonder what it would be like to be a bird.

Someone tapped at my shoulder. Liam handed me his sketchbook, he'd written: "Being a bird would be the best thing in the world."

I felt my cheeks get red. Stupid me, I've spoken my thoughts out again.

He sat beside me and we both just contemplated the sky.

I remembered something. During the movie "High School Musical", Gabriella said: "Do you remember In kindergarten, how you'd meet a kid, and know nothing about them, then 10 seconds later you'd be playing like you were best friends, because you didn't have to be anyone but yourself?" 

That's exactly how I felt right now.

I knew, in my heart that this moment would mark the start of something new.

********************************

NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON! FOR THE COMPLETED STORY, COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK:

http://www.amazon.com/Jasmine-Rose/e/B00JOM5QFE